TED Summary: Changing the Face of Fashion By Mariah Idrissi

Fitri12 28 / 53 6  
When she is chosen as a Hijabi model, a model who wears veils to cover her head and hair, represents the way a muslimah gets dressed, Mariah Idrissi believes that something small is able to give major impacts as the people around her start questioning her decision. How do you feel?, how is your parent's response? why women (muslimah) are forced to wear hijab?, why do men make you wear hijab?, why you are pressed but still follow the religion?, Is there something wrong with the fashion industry?, are the common bizarre questions she deals with.

Mariah comes up with a logical explanation that a muslimah who wears hijab is not a representation of pressure. By wearing hijab, she is still able to be her own self. Hijab is not a limitation in doing positive activities. She highlights that she does not need the validation of Social Media or others regarding her appearance. Hijab is the way of beautifying women in Islam as well as a part of today's fashion industry.

Source: youtube.com/watch?v=1CJThRWoXt4
Alamsyah Ismail 24 / 43  
Hello Fitri12
I have a twice advice to you, please pay attention if you wish

that something small is able to give major impacts
.......that something smal be able to give major

impacts as the people around her start questioning
.........collocation of impact with on/to
rizaldohabibie 19 / 35  
hi..
i just want to give slight suggestion for you..

represents[representing] the way a muslimah gets dressed,
>> because you mentioned it in the first sentence, it has to be gerund..

thanks.. i hope it helps..
Dioba 68 / 104 7  
Hi Fitri12,after reading your summary, i have some suggestions, perhaps useful for you.
1.When she waschosen as a Hijabi model-----> past tense.
2.that a muslimah whowhom wears hijab is
3.By wearing hijab, she is still able to be her own self.
rasedasda24 2 / 3  
Hai Fitri12
You've done well, but there are several inputs for you.

... head and hair,.rR epresents the way a muslimah gets dressed, Mariah Idrissi believes that something small action is able to give major (...) around her that start questioning her decision.

By wearing hijab, she is still able to be her own self.
She highlights??? that she does not need (...) or others regarding for her appearance. Hijab is the way of beautifyingbeauty of women in Islam ...
RAY93 35 / 186 136  
When she is chosen as a Hijabi model, a model who[repetition] wearing veils to cover ...

you may write : when she is chosen as a Hijabi model wearing veils to cover her head and her hair in order to represent the way a muslimah gets dressed, ......

How do you feel?, how is your parent's [...] bizarre questions she deals with.

[i]this just like shopping list, you mentioned each questions even it is not to subtle to do so. indeed, you can add more important facts to make your summary more valuable and informative

in the rest of your summary, it just shown less minor errors while you had composed it well using a mix of simple and complex structures. good luck and keep writing

Home / Writing Feedback / TED Summary: Changing the Face of Fashion By Mariah Idrissi