SUMMARY ARTICLE : GLOBAL CITIZENS, HOW TO CHANGE THE WORLD?

dinartika19 37 / 67 6  
Hello, this is my new thread. It is a summary article from TED Talks Video. The original video has a title "What Does It Mean to be Citizens of the World" by Hugh Evans. I added the link in the last paragraph if you prefer to watch it. And I hope you could give me a feedback later after you read my summary. Thanks!

Hugh Evans talked about a girl called Devenia, she was born in Jamaica, but right now she lives near Washington DC, America. Maybe, there is not many people in America know her, but her action give a big impact not only in America but in her birthplace, Jamaica. It started when she asked people in Facebook for pennies, so she could pay for bill education. The result was incredible, she gathered 700,000 pennies so she could pay 120 bill of school.

What Devenia did, just one of act global citizens. Global citizens is self identified , they are not come from any country or nationality, but they are part of human right who work to finding, supporting and activating citizens in all over the world. They are try to make a different result about global issues that they believe with unique ways.

Let's talk about Hugh Evans himself. He made a big charity by mobilize so many people in the world with universal language, music. He believe that so many people have trends to help other but they don't know how to take action. So, by make unique way to mobilize the citizens he could impact the public goververment to take action like poverty, climate change, or gender issues.

So, are you a global citizens?

Link : ted.com/talks/hugh_evans_what_does_it_mean_to_be_a_citizen_of_the_world#t-21336
Fadhilahumar91 61 / 73 6  
hi dina:

Maybe, i think, there is not many people in America Short of people in Amerika know about her...

What do you mean about "Global citizens is self identified", I think that not enough sentence, so you must complete the sentence

He made a big charity by mobilize so many people in the world with universal language, music....

they are try to make a different result about global ...

thankyu

Home / Writing Feedback / SUMMARY ARTICLE : GLOBAL CITIZENS, HOW TO CHANGE THE WORLD?