TED SUMMARY - Jim Hemerling: 5 ways to lead in an era of constant change

rosadesiana 38 / 40 2  
Jim Hemerling: 5 ways to lead in an era of constant change

El Seed, was born in Paris and learnt Arabic at his 18, talked about the street art such as graffiti and calligraphy that he used as devices to deliver peace and hope messages to the universe. In the first instance, he merely wrote on the walls but then he was allowed to paint on a 78 meters of a mosque tower by the Imam in Tunisia. The bizarre thing was the Imam did not ask what would he paint on it, the Imam let him created what he decided. Then he mixed the calligraphy and graffiti and put a message in Arabic language which quoted from Koran, said that " oh humankind, we have created you from men and women to know one each other" and the Imam was extremely happy and hoped that the mosque could be a landmark of the city to unite the community. His goal of painting the Arabic graffiti and calligraphy is to bring people, generation to get the peace, you do not have to know the meaning of it to connected to the peace, since there is a beauty that you do not necessitate to translate because in Arabic graffiti and also Arabic scripts speak to everyone. He has once painted a graffiti in Rio de Janeiro, he tinted on rooftops and everybody was curios to know what does it mean, once he told them the meaning, they thanked to him and tended to feel connected and peace. In South Africa, he pictured a graffiti which means "it seems possible until it is done". In Paris, a never-to-be-forgotten affair was happened, when a guy let him to paint on his wall and he drew an Arabic graffiti, that guy was mad and want his wall to be cleared as he finished it, he was disappointed at that time. A week after, a magic matter happened, an event organization called him and asked him to create a graffiti on the wall right in front of the guy's house. He was happy because the guy who dislikes his work before should see the graffiti everyday. By painting the graffiti and calligraphy he wished everybody enjoy the graffiti even they do not have any idea what does it mean, he hopes the messages in it will spread a happiness, peace and hopes around the globe.
mohito1999 2 / 3  
Your sentence structure is at often times confusing. I like the plot you have, but you need to build on it in the sense that you need to make it technically sound. I suggest meeting an advisor to go over this with you as I am unable to point out all the changes you should make. An example however can be seen in the first sentence where you should add a period after "18" to make it flow more coherently.

Hope this helped
Hi Rosa, upon reading this summary essay as well as the other essays you have written, it is of no doubt that you know how to write and you understand what is asked of you to do in your essays, however, I do agree that your sentences are full of unnecessary ideas that are enclosed and rather jammed up in a sentence with what looked to be like a trying hard sentence and this is not the way to showcase your ideas and to make it known to your readers.

Having said that, I suggest you do this practice, when you write or before you do, try to meditate or concentrate on what you want to write in a particular task, when you have this in mind, tackle the hardest part, forming the logical order of your ideas, in order for them to stand a solid ground in your essay.

Moving forward, as mentioned, I know you have all the potential to be an awesome writer, however, you need a lot of practice and stop confusing yourself with too many words in a sentence, keep your sentences simple and I assure you, it will be more meaningful this way.

Home / Writing Feedback / TED SUMMARY - Jim Hemerling: 5 ways to lead in an era of constant change