TED Summary by Julia Galef, Why you think you are right even if you are wrong

ramzi06 9 / 17 4  
Why someone have convinced to be guilty even if they are right ?. this question leads us to the "soldier mindset" which emphasize the way we interpret information by taking one side without considering another side. People, in this situation, believe that few ideas/information are likely to be our ally while others ideas are judged as the opposite regardless of discovering others evidence first. The scariest things about this mindset is "someone may think they are objective and fair-minded meanwhile they ruin life of innocent people". This may results in unhealthy relationship among each others.

The strategy to tackle this, according to Julia Galef, is by converting our perspective into "scout mindset". Scout main set is the point of view in which drives to get an accurate information as much as possible even if that is unpleasant or inconvenient. What make someone think as this mindset are emotional and curious. They feel pleasure to look for evidence as similar as solving puzzle and are open-minded of any argument/new evidence. The consequence is not only improving the way we judge someone but it also proofing the reality.
ilankelo21 36 / 41 22  
Hi Ramzy, It is nice to read your summary as this can be easily understood. However, you still need a room for some improvements in subject agreement case. Here some advice comes from me.

"Someone" is indefinite subject and therefore verb following it must be singular. For example, Why someone HAS found guilty although she/he is right. Also, still in the same problem, you need to be more careful in determining verb after conjunction. Some English beginner often are confused whether verbs they put after conjunction is singular or plural and then the key point to indicate them is that you refer to the noun before conjunction or commonly known "noun antecedent". If the noun is singular, so the verb after conjunction must be singular or otherwise like what you wrote in your essay "the "soldier mindset" which emphasize the way we interpret information). As the noun antecedent " the soldier mindset" is singular, then a singular verb is a must to be put.
mem77 62 / 98 6  
Thank you very much Mr. Ramzi for your very interesting summarize about TED video. However, i have a few comments about your article especially in MLA format for writing an article.

Suddenly, on your article there are sentences "few ideas/information are likely" . i think you should obviously to use the words from your article, which one do you want to use. According to MLA format from Cambridge Book Chapter 1, you can not use the ambiguity words for your essay. From my point of view, it is better to use few information are likely for your essay. Thank you, keep practice!!

Home / Writing Feedback / TED Summary by Julia Galef, Why you think you are right even if you are wrong