TED Summary: Killing People are always wrong by Richard Bourke

Iedha01 21 / 40  
Richard Bourke is one of the Australian lawyer who works to save prisoners from death penalty. "We are all going to die, we don't have a choice about that, but we do choose whether to kill" as he stated clearly in his TED Talks. In 2002, Bourke gave up his career from Melbourne to Lousiana and works full-time on some death-penalty cases. He didn't work alone, he was assisted by the Australian volunteers who worked hard to save some poor people who were been stated to kill by the authority. There were some case which is handled by them, some of them were unsuccessful and they were sentenced to death, on the other hand, there were also some happiness moment there. Several years ago, he worked on a drug case involving a triple homicide. He described his client, Chuck, as a kind and spiritual man. Therefore he told the lawyers who working in the US justice system that the key to seek any penalty less than death is securing the agreement of the families of the victims. In this case, there were a mother of the youngest victim, a 17-years-old girl whose last words were "please don't shoot me I'm pregnant."in court, the mother spoke about her loss and also her desire that Chuck be spared the death penalty. It touched his heart so deeply and didn't realized tears coming down on his cheek. Finally, he closed his talk by revealing that killing someone is always wrong.
Yonathan 46 / 65 5  
Hi Ledha
Great story and your summarization are great but,
Let me give you some advice...

... to save some poor people who were(have) been stated to ...
There were some case(cases) which is handled by them (...), there were also (get) some happiness moment there.
In this case, there were(was) a mother of the youngest ...
Keep writing...
RAY93 35 / 186 136  
Richard Bourke is one of the Australian LAWYERS who works to save prisoners from death penalty.

''We are all going to die, we don't have a choice about that, but we do choose whether to kill" as , [comma] he stated .....

In 2002, Bourke gave up ON his career THEN MOVE from Melbourne to Lousiana TO work full-time on some death-penalty cases. [it is important to mention what is his occupation before]

He didn't work alone, he was assisted by the Australian ...

this sentence is right if Richard does not work as lawyer anymore at present, but if he does, you need to use present perfect tense

=He has not worked alone, he has assisted by the Australian volunteers who work hard to help save poor prisoners with death penalty.

There were some caseS [singular/plural issue] which is ARE handled by them,......

There were some case which is handled by them, some of them were unsuccessful and they ...

too complex but less accurate, better to separate into two sentences

some of them were unsuccessful and theyWHILE THE CRIMINALS were sentenced to death, (...) some happiness momentS there.

Therefore he told the lawyers who has been working ....
in this case, there were WAS a mother of the youngest victim, ....
It HAS touched his heart so deeply and HE didn't realized tears ...

Home / Writing Feedback / TED Summary: Killing People are always wrong by Richard Bourke