TED Summary : Making sense of a visible quantum object - Aaron O'connell

nda18 46 / 81 9  
In his presentation, Dr O'connell, physicist from University of California, gave an example to audience that a large object that is visible to the naked eye can be in two places at the same time. In physics, only particles that follow the theory of quantum mechanics can be in two places at the same time. Dr O'connell also told that if everything is made up of a little particles and all the little particles follow quantum mechanics then everything should follow quantum mechanics, it is mean that every day objects should follow quantum mechanics. To explore his idea further, he made the tiny computer chip with a chunk of metal inside that has been in a mechanical quantum superposition. He then placed the object in a vacuumed cool environment while he turned off all the light. The fantastic result appears, the atoms that make up that chunk of metal are sitting still and at the same time, the same atoms are moving up and down and delocalized. That is mean that every atoms is in two different places at the same time which in turn means the entire chunk of metal is in two different places. Further, he talked that quantum mechanics is not about the interconnection, it is deeper, and our connections to all the things around us literally define who we are. It is namely the weirdness of quantum mechanics.
amrillahmk 29 / 47 6  
... University of California, gavegives/delivers an example to audience

Dr O'connell also tolddeclares that if everything is ...

it is meanIt means that every dayeveryday objects should ...

That is meanthis means that every atomsatom
abangabul93 15 / 27  
Hai @nda18, I got some advice for your writing:

1. ... the naked eye can be (YOU SHOULD PUT A VERB HERE "SEEN") in two places ...

2. That is mean(S) that

3. every atoms is in two different places ...(EVERY + SINGULAR)

Home / Writing Feedback / TED Summary : Making sense of a visible quantum object - Aaron O'connell