Summary of the polemic essay "Single parent struggle"

stasy 1 / 1  
Please estimate the summary
For many years, children growing up in a single parent family have been viewed as different but nowadays the situation is different. Children of single parents can be just as progressive with emotional, social and behavioral skills as those with two parents.

Some people say that the only way for children to gain full emotional and behavioral skills is to be raised by both a mother and a father. There is an argument taken from the article by author Robert L. Maginnis : "Single-parent families cause juvenile crime". He states, "Children from single-parent families are more likely to have behavior problems because they tend to lack economic security and adequate time with parents". The statement that raw criminals are products of single-parent adolescence is absurd. It can be extremely difficult for one parent to raise a child by themselves for many reasons.

To be looked down on people must realize that single parents are becoming more common in today's world. Since 1995 the American family structure for children ages fourteen to eighteen consists of forty-two percent living in a first marriage family with both parents, twenty-two percent living in a second marriage step-family, twenty-one percent living in a single parent, divorced or separated family, six percent living in a single parent never married family and three percent living in a single parent widowed family. It is scary statistics. But that is not the only one problem. Parents who think they would never be able to provide emotional stability for their children by themselves should have taken the time to think this through before deciding to become parents.

Magginnis states that, "Boys who do not have fathers as male role models suffer especially". It is extremely important for a male child to have his father around, there are other ways of teaching a young boy the lessons he needs to become a man. The author of the essay tells about his own experience.

Children who are raised with both a mother and a father have more attention from both parents therefore they get the emotional time they need to progress in life. The author claims that it is true not in all circumstances. He provides an example of a family where parents always ague with each other. It harms child's psyche.

Not all families are lucky enough to have a healthy structure. It is important for society and government aids to notice these structural differences and take action. Government should support single-parent families.

Children from different kinds of families need guidance. Whichever family structure is implied it must be one of respect and strong moral values that they can someday pass on to their family.
- He provides an example of a family where parents always agueargue with each other. It harms the child's psyche physique.

Stasy, aside from the input I have above, I think your essay is written well. I has substance and you were able to address your concern. However, please take of the following when you write the next one;

- referencing, when you quote someone in your essay, in this case, the author of a book, use the semi colon (;) instead of a colon (:)

- balance of ideas, most of the idea you have is full of emotion, there's nothing wrong with it, but you affect your readers so take time to relax as well and give your idea a breath of fresh air.

- keep track of your ideas, proof read before submission

Keep writing..

Cheers!!!
OP stasy 1 / 1  
thanks for your reply

Home / Writing Feedback / Summary of the polemic essay "Single parent struggle"