An Article Summary: A Scottish Noblewoman and Her Palace

Fitri12 28 / 53 6  
This is a story (based on an article, The Good Duchess, written by Jane Dismore) about a Scottish noblewoman named Anne, the 3rd Duchess of Hamilton relatives who kept preserving her legendary family's heritage called Hamilton Palace in South Lanarkshire which constructed in 1591. Well-known locally as 'Good Duchess Anne' for her generosity, she was a remarkable lady in her era that bravely made essential decision on her own. She became the head of family in the age of 19 in a tricky political time.

In the beginning of Civil War in 1642, Anne obtained academic tuition and learnt estate management, including dealing with tenants, keeping accounts and supervising the chamberlains. This path then led her to acquire such expertise to maintain the palace for future generations. She initiated the renovation by hiring around 30 and 50 workers, mostly men, arranged hierarchically, with a secretary and a lawyer at the top. Since she had a great taste, the furniture was well-selected, mostly came from London, Scotland and sometimes Holland. Artwork as well as furniture was appropriately inventoried. Around 1684 to 1694, a foremost work, either for interior or exterior, called 'Great Design' was began. Three other sides of the palace were demolished and two new wings were built, while the interior was modified by a prominent carver named William Morgan. The innovative palace was accomplished around 1701 but Anne continued landscaping its grounds until her death in the age of 84.

The Hamilton palace had been sold after mining subsidence was discovered before its demolition, but part of it remains in Scotland. It is now displayed in the National Museum in Edinburgh as a tribute to Anne's 300 years of death. Recently, it provides valuable information about life in a noble household.

Source: historytoday
Bams17 28 / 43  
This iswas a story (based on an article, The Good Duchess, written by Jane Dismore) about a Scottish noblewoman ... ( my advice you should make your sentences simple because the reader confused read your sentences)

.., including dealing withon(dealimg always folowed by ON) tenants,

.., arranged hierarchically, with a secretary and ...
andika08 81 / 80 16  
Hello
You have a good summary
I have some corrections for you

Then this path then led her to acquire such as expertise to maintain ...
... by hiring most of the men around 30 and 50 workers, mostly men, arranged hierarchically, ...
Since she had a great taste (what the taste that you mean), the furniture was ...
ArtworkArt workas well asand furniture wascan use for appropriately inventoried.
... around 1701 but Anne continued landscapingcontinue the grounds landscapeits grounds until her death inat the age of 84.

... had been sold afterwhen mining subsidence was discovered before itsit is demolition, ...

Too many repetitive words, maybe it can be changed into new words,

Home / Writing Feedback / An Article Summary: A Scottish Noblewoman and Her Palace