Summary TED Willie Smits: Samboja Lestari

MJT 5 / 8  
Samboja Lestari is a small village, located on the East coast of Borneo, about 35 km north of Balikpapan-East Kalimantan.
Samboja Lestari, East Borneo, one of the places for rescuing orangutans and forest. Almost 1,000 orangutan babies in Samboja Lestari but it is horrible because it is proof of our failing to save them in the wild. The deforestation, especially for oil palm, to provide bio-fuel for western countries is what is causing these problems. When deforestation was opened for growing oil palms, it will be creating CO2 volcanoes that are emitting so much CO2.

In 2001 BOS started buying barren pieces of grassland in Samboja and began an ambitious project to bring the local forests back to this area. The Samboja Lestari program participates strongly in community development through a wide range of activities including providing employment within various projects, giving opportunities to the local community by involving them in agroforestry practices, and providing training.
Fatirtalent 12 / 19  
Dear Mr. MJT
You've done well. but here several inputs for you. Hope it'll help you

1. is what is causing these problems >> are the major reasons
your sentence sounds strange, probably you could use mine

2. it will be creating CO2 volcanoes that are emitting so much CO2. >> it will produce CO@ Volcanoes that are emitting a lot CO2

i prefer use produce to describe an energy/chemical

Thank in advance
akbarmappiare 31 / 469 275  
Hi Fajeri.
These are my thoughts about your summary.

Samboja Lestari is a small village, located on the East coast of Borneo, about 35 km FROM north of ...
Samboja Lestari, East Borneo, IS(Make you sure that you have one main verb in a sentence) one of the places for ...
... babies in Samboja Lestari but it is ARE(Pay attention to verb agreement) horrible because it is proof of CAUSED BY our failing FAILURE to save them in the wild.

... for western countries is what is causing CAUSES these problems. When THE deforestation was (...), it will be creating GENERATING CO2 volcanoes that are emitting so much CO2.

Note: Be careful of verb agreement because it is essential in grammar measurement. Besides that, make you sure what you write is what you mind. Focus on the meaning of the original article or video.

I really believe you can show the better progress on condition that you wanna provide more time to practice again and again
Dioba 68 / 104 7  
Hi MJT,after reading your summary, i have some suggestions, perhaps usefull for you
1."Samboja Lestari, East Borneo, one of the places ..."---you need to put the verb. better you write "Samboja Lestari is one of the places for rescuing orangutans and forest."

2.you should consistent use East Kalimantan or East Borne. Dont make the reader confuse.
3.but it is horrible because it is proof --->be careful with your grammatical.
4.r western countries is what iscausing these problems-----> In which causes
5.When deforestation was opened f or growing oil palms---->When deforestation were dissapear for growing oil palms
6.it will be creating CO2 volcanoes that----->better if you use produce.creating more prefer for something new.

Home / Writing Feedback / Summary TED Willie Smits: Samboja Lestari