Summary: Violent Crime Rising in U.S. Cities Compared to 2015

ibe13 36 / 50 9  
2016 saw a dramatic increase of violent crime in some major U.S. cities. This continues a trend which began last year after decades when criminal level fell. A new survey released that there were 307 more homicides in big cities in the period of the first six months of 2016 than the same period of 2015. The survey also found there have been around 1,000 more robberies, 2,000 more serious assaults and 600 less severe shootings in 2016. The Brennan Center, a nonpartisan law and policy institute, showed that out of the 51 cities included in the survey, the murder rate rose in 29 cities and dropped in 22. More than 50% of the uptick in homicides took place in Las Vegas, Chicago and Orlando, where 49 persons were killed last month. In addition, Ames Grawert, a counselor in the Brennan Center's Justice Program, noted that the mid-year survey does not signify a nationwide crime wave.

(156 words)
mdamanhuri77 22 / 35 3  
hi ibe,
let me see your summary

in 2016 saw a dramatically increase of violent of crime in some majors U.S. cities. ThisIt continues to a trend which began last year , after decades, when criminal level fell. A

... there were over 307 more homicides in big (...) six months of 2016 thanthen the same period of 2015.
... have been around over 1,000 more robberies, over 2,000 more serious assaults and less 600 less severe shootings in 2016.
..., showed that out of the 51 citiestowns included in the survey, ...

#reduce the repetition od the same world

Home / Writing Feedback / Summary: Violent Crime Rising in U.S. Cities Compared to 2015