Super Size Me! - Movie reponse/ Most memorable part

macho 3 / 5  
Movie Response I:
Type a 400-600 word essay that answers the following questions on Super Size Me! Be as thorough as possible. Be sure to back up your ideas with evidence and specific examples from the movie and/or society.

(Note there are two parts. You need to answer both parts in one essay.)
Part I. What is the most memorable part of Super Size Me! and why?
Part II. Should any laws or policies be instituted to help combat obesity in our society? Should corporations assume any responsibility or be obligated to abide by any guidelines? If so what are they, and how can they be enforced? If not why should we leave the current rising trend of obesity, with all of its consequences, unchecked?

Essay::
Why are Americans so fat today? There is one answer: It is because of fast food. Super Size Me! is not the first movie that directly attacks the fast-food companies but it provides enough information to convince people how dangerous fast food is. Personally, the movie has strong evidences combining with a lot of funny parts which make them become undeniable and unforgettable.

Everything's bigger in America. We've got the biggest cars, the biggest houses, the biggest companies, the biggest food, and, finally, the biggest people. America has now become the fattest nation in the world. Congratulations ". I like the statement appeared at the beginning of the film. It is not only playing the role as the hook of the movie, but also creating humorous mood for the entire movie. Firstly, the statement is all about the achievements of America, such as big cars, big houses, big companies, and big food; and then, it suddenly turns into an unwanted achievement, the biggest people. The statement immediately provokes the question inside me: Why are Americans so fat today?

A year ago, I used to eat out at least once a day; fast-food restaurants became the places that I visited mostly. Because they were easier and more convenient to ...
OP macho 3 / 5  
please help me to revise this essay !

This is my 1st essay of this semester. I'm not sure that I'm the right track of the questions or not. Besides, I think it may contain a lot of errors! Well, English is not my 1st language. Please help me out! thanks !
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
There is one answer: fast food. Super Size Me!

The statement immediately provokes the question inside me: Why are Americans so fat today? Is this your answer to the first prompt? If so, make sure that it is enclosed in a complete sentence so that there is no confusion as to whether it is your answer or not.

Because they were easier and more convenient tovisit, cheaper, and faster than normal restaurant...

... "If you are six feet high, 180 pounds, and you are getting over 2800 calories a day, you will gain more weight soon."

... and some tiny pieces of potatoes could change a lot of things inside me.

Your conclusion is OK, but because the rest of your essay is so strong it makes the ending weak. Use a specific instance from the movie in your conclusion that could illustrate your closing points, if possible, as this would be more "in line" with the rest of your essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / Super Size Me! - Movie reponse/ Most memorable part