Supermarkets and customers can restrict the use of the product packaging. IELTS Task 2

Trisulastri 27 / 18 4  
Some people feel that manufacturers and supermarkets have the responsibility to reduce the amount of packaging of goods. While others argue that customers should avoid buying goods with a lot of packaging. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Packaging and wrapping that covering the food is one of the way in which manufacturers do to maintain the quality of its product. As a large number of production the packaging goods every day, people believe that manufactures and hypermarkets responsible to limit the amount of production of this packaging. Others believe that customers have to restrict purchase items that cover with lots of packaging. I believe that both of them along with the government have their respective roles in this issue.

The factory always need a plastic or paper wrappers for every product produced. To reduce the production of packaging, companies can make its products into large packs. Detergents, for example, can be produced in large sizes, 1 kg or 5 kg, resulting in the production of plastic for retail size can be minimized. As a result, company is able to reduce production cost and earn more profit by marketing larger products. Not only factories, supermarkets as product distributor is also overusing plastic bags. This can be seen clearly that the cashier will give a different bag for each product, such as detergents, snacks, and fruits. However, this can be reduced by applying the rules set by the government, which is implementing a fee for plastic bag. LotteMart, for example, does not provide free plastic bags to its customers, but suggests customer to using cloth bags in order to be reused. The application of these rules does not make them lose customers.

On the other hand, customers also have the responsibility to restrict the use of plastic packaging. Based on the survey results than independent environmental organization (WALHI), the largest contributor of plastic waste in Indonesia are caused by people who use more than three plastic bags every time shopping, and tends to buy a sachet packaging for each product purchases, such as shampoo or soap. Consumers should be able to bring a personal shopping bag every time you shop and buy the products of large packaging.

All in all, although the factory still had to use the packaging to preserve the quality of their products, I believe that the next few years, they might be able to use the packaging material that is easily degraded, while supermarkets and customers can restrict the use of the product packaging.
angga93 42 / 74 20  
Packaging and wrapping that coveringcover the food is one of the way ...

...manufactures and hypermarkets are responsible to limit the amount of ...

Meanwhile, others believe that customers have to restrictavoidpurchase

purchasing items that are covered with lots of packaging.

... for every product produced | for each of their product

...can make its products into large packs. |...have to consider large packaging system for their items.

...the largest contributor of plastic waste in Indonesia are caused by people...

All in allIn conclusion , although the factory still had to use ...

Home / Writing Feedback / Supermarkets and customers can restrict the use of the product packaging. IELTS Task 2