I support the fact that grades encourage the students to learn

chocolate3 1 / 1  
Every individual person is a student for life. In course of time we tend to learn new things in every walk of our life. However many students are judged by their grades in school. In my opinion grades affect the students personally , psychologically and socially. I support the fact that grades encourage the students to learn.

Personally, I feel that we live in a competitive world. To stand out among the huge crowd, we need to think out of the box and work harder than others do. In school grades signify the goals to be achieved. For instance, when i was in school, I hardly used to worry about any thing. When the teachers in school set up some expectations for us, we start pondering if we can meet up their expectations. To either win there hearts or be popular in school we strive to get good grades. Grade system helps up to put all our mind and soul in our studies. This will build up their personality.

Psychologically, students have abundance of pressure from their peers who get higher grades. Grades encourage students to compete with each other. They start thinking in every possible way to get to the top. Sometimes students with low grades are depressed. This depression will put them in a situation to think, why i got low grades? whats wrong in my studies? The answers to this question will help the students to improvise their work. They will also be rewarded by their teachers and hence benefits them.

Socially, though grades are not the only criteria, they surely help the students to prepare for their future. Most of the graduate schools require the students to have a high grade. Some students want to become doctors and some engineers. all students are aware of this and aim for a better score in high school. It provides them with self confidence and prepares them for a future of equally competent office environment. knowledge is also acquired at the same time.

To sum up grades system encourages students to fuel the world with better knowledge, build up their character and understand them self. Ultimately your grades explain the person you are.

hey please correct my esssay and tell me where i am lacking. thank you;)
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Hi :) I can recommend some changes to your grammar/ wording. Here are some ideas:

Each individual person is a student for life. InOver the course of time, we tend to learn new things in every walk ofduring our lifetime .

Personally, I feel that we live in a competitive world.

I would change this sentence from being a "belief" to it being a "fact" Strengthen this statement. Say, "We live in a competitive world..."

In order to stand out among the hugein a crowd, we need to think outsideof the box and work harder than others do .

For instanceIn my case , when i was in school, I hardly used to worry about any thing.

I think the phrase " I hardly used to worry about any thing." sounds odd. Re-word or omit this sentence. Remember to give strong reasons to support your argument.

They start thinkinginof every possible way to get to the top.

Keep working on this, you have a great paper! There are a few places where you need to place commas, and re-read it to yourself, making sure that it all makes sense. Good luck in school :)
Athena - / 83 3  
Hi Sufia,

I think you could edit this :)

Every individual person is a student for life.

In school grades signify the goals to bethat have been achieved.

Overall, your essay is good. I'd suggest that you space out the paragraphs a little while presenting it.

All the Best!!!

Home / Writing Feedback / I support the fact that grades encourage the students to learn