It is not a surprise that local people are not interested in visiting historical sites

Nguyen Mcqueen 1 / -  
Task 2: Many museums and historical sites are mainly visited by tourists but not local people. Why is this the case and what can be done to attract more local people to visit these places?

One of the lingering questions raised recently is why there are more museums and historical places available for individuals to visit, most visitors are tourists but not local people. As far as I am concerned, it is time the authority and local presidents found some appropriate solutions to address this problem.

To begin with, it is not a surprise that local people are not interested in visiting historical sites. Firstly, it seems that the managers and administrators of these places mainly aim at attracting tourists but not local presidents. In some museums, the guide teams are enthusiastic and professional towards tourist tours but are not willing to serve local presidents warmly. As result of that, local people tend to be afraid of going to historical monuments. Secondly, local people should also take responsibilities for this situation because they are not aware of the importance of historical places which carry highly symbolic values of their country and are the effective means to introduce foreign tourist the culture of their country. For instance, parents usually take their children to go to movie or music concerts instead of museums because they count it boring and wasteful to spend a great deal of time on looking at lifeless objects.

It is significantly important for every individual and the authority to make great effort in order to deal with this issue. The first measure is that the management boards of these places should train the guides more welcome to local visitors as well as opening more exhibitions of particular subjects. If there is an exhibition about traditional customs on Tet holiday and willingness of the museum guide, the number of local visitors might increase. Besides, the government has to heighten public awareness of the requirement for perceiving the importance and values of historical sites. Especially, the authority should aim at educating parents because they could convey the message to their children effectively.

In some, the government and individual are responsible for stimulating local presidents to visit museums and historical sites more.
Vns9x 102 / 236 16  
I do not consider your reason to be a cogent one. I think, you should have mentioned that local people have a tendency to not visit familiar places, and thus, not many local people visit historical places of their country.

Another thing that disappoints me is the absence of the conclusion.

Home / Writing Feedback / It is not a surprise that local people are not interested in visiting historical sites