Suzanne Simard: How trees talk to each other (TED Summary)

Sari Trisna 7 / 11  
Some people consider that forest is plants-covered area. Forest is not only about trees, but there is a intimated network system that connected each other. That statement is appropriate with research discovery by scientist while it present about Pine root could transfer carbon to another Pine root. Suzanne Simard, well-known as forestry researcher, challenged to manifest that theory. She shared her story when she was in Canada to complete her study. She figured that roots and soil are not the main building from the forest. She discovered it with less costly equipment because the sponsors thought that she was mentally ill. Objects in her study were Paper birch, douglas fir, and cedar tree. She found that there were two-way communication with Paper birch and douglas fir, on the other hand, Cedar had their own world so they had not a linkage each other. More specific, she discovered that there were two-way conversation between trees that was not only as competitors but as cooperative partners such as shared carbon, nitrogen, and chemical compound. As an conclusion, she explained about correlation between clear-cutting forest, trees network and climate change, in the end of her speech, she offered her four thought to be friend with climate change.
fauziyahtami 22 / 38 6  
Haloo sar,
Hope you are in a great condition, let me give you some suggest

==> (The/a) forest is not only about trees, (...) system that (which) connected(to) each other.
==>research discovery by (a/the) scientist while it present ...
==> She shared her story (about) when she was in Canada.....
==> ........ main building from (at/ in) the forest.
==>(The) Objects in her study were ......
==> ...... not a linkage (to) each other.
==> As an(a) conclusion, she explained about (the) correlation between (...) and climate change, in (at) the end

Good luck and keep fighting
Best regards, Tami:)
ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Hi Sari,
Here's my thoughts about your TED talks summary. I hope you can follow through.

- ...but there is aan intimated network system that connectedconnects each other.
- That statement is in lineappropriate with a research discovery that was discovered by scientist whilebecause it presents about how Pine root couldcan transfer carbon to ...

- She figured that roots and soil arewere not the main buildingmainly built from the forest.
- ... two-way communications with Paper birch and douglas fir. (stop here, new sentence) On the other hand, (...) so they had not a linkage each other.did not connect to each other.

- More specificMoreover/Furthermore , she discovered that there were...
- As an conclusionIn conclusion , she explained about...

As you can see Sari, mind the above-mentioned corrections to achieve a better result next time. Hope this helps :)
Aris05 31 / 24 1  
Hi sari, here is my thought

Some people consider that the forest is plants-covered area.

but there is an intimated network system that connectsedto each other.

... with research which is discoveryied by scientist while it presents about Pine root ...

That's it. I wish it could be useful
Best Regard

Home / Writing Feedback / Suzanne Simard: How trees talk to each other (TED Summary)