IELTS WRITING TASK 1: THE TABLE/ Actual Vs Estimated house construction

Kalyn17992 9 / 19 1  
The table describes in thousands the estimated and actual numbers of houses built in the UK by region in 2002.
The table illustrates the figures for the estimated and actual numbers of houses built in the UK by region in 2002. Overall, the actual numbers of houses built in Britain were higher than the estimated ones.

In the Northern Ireland, there was a twofold rise in the actual number to stand at 5,000 compared to the estimated, the lowest figure of houses in 7 regions in the UK. Like wise, the figure for the estimated number of houses built in the Central English at 8,100, doubled to 16,200 in the actual number. In the southern England constituted the highest numbers of houses built in the UK both the actual and estimated. However, the figure for the actual number is higher than the estimated : 77,500 and 51,100 respectively.

By contrast, London was much lower and the second highest number of houses constructed at 47,800 in the actual figure and 24,800 in the estimated. It was estimated that in Scotland, the figure of houses set up was at 3,200; however, it only had 3000 houses actually erected.

(173 words)

Joohi24 3 / 8 2  
The table describes in thousands the estimated and actual numbers of houses built in the UK by region in 2002
The table describes, in thousands, the estimated and actual number of houses built in the United Kingdom in 2002

The table illustrates the figures for the estimated and actual numbers of houses built in the UK by region in 2002.
Do not repeat the sentence. The first and the second line mean the same.

Numbers of houses
Number of houses
Very good introduction. It is very clear and well presented.
Traveler 6 / 14 2  
Hi, try to change a little bit your introduction, it's very similar to the question itself. If you just copy it, you will lose marks.

Overall, the actual numbers of houses built in Britain were higher than the estimated ones.

I suggest you to write another sentence to make your overview paragraph more complete (for example instead of your sentence you can say that "in almost all regions actual figures were higher than the estimated ones. England had the biggest difference compared with other regions.

Hope it helps.
MisterWandering 18 / 321 130  
Like wise, the figure for the estimated number of houses built in the Central English at 8,100, doubled to 16,200 in the actual number.

Likewise, 8100 houses were estimated to be constructed in the Central England, which was half the figure for the actual number.
You misuse the word "double" for several times. "Double" means twice as much in size, number or amount.

In the southern England constituted the highest numbers of houses built in the UK both the actual and estimated.

Southern England had the highest estimated as well as actual numbers of houses built in the UK.

is higher than the estimated

was higher than

By contrast, London was much lower and the second highest number of houses constructed at 47,800 in the actual figure and 24,800 in the estimated.

The second highest numbers were recorded in London with...

It was estimated that in Scotland, the figure of houses set up was at 3,200; however, it only had 3000 houses actually erected.

In Scotland, there were 3000 houses that were actually erected, falling short of its expectation of building 3200 houses.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 1: THE TABLE/ Actual Vs Estimated house construction