IELTS: The Table and The Bar - forms of transportation used for journeys in some countries

ainirere /  
THE TABLE SHOWS THE PERCENTAGE OF JOURNEYS MADE BY DIFFERENT FORMS OF TRANSPORT IN FOUR COUNTRIES. THE BAR CHART SHOWS THE RESULTS OF A SURVEY INTO CAR USE.

The table depicts five transportation using for journey in Canada, UK, France and Netherlands. Moreover, the reasons of commuters by car survey result in Canada are illustrated in the bar chart. Overall, car is most frequent used in those four countries.

It is noticeable that Canada uses car very often as opposed to other countries, as presented the highest percentage at 90%. Furthermore 18% is shown in France as most preference for using public transport. Whereas the greatest number of journeys made by bicycle and by foot is in Netherlands at 26% and 18%. Only small percentage (below 4%) people use other transport throughout countries.

In addition, a main impulse of Canadians travel to work by car is because they do not have any other alternative as could be seen in the chart at nearly 40%. The following reason is due to their necessity as shown at 30% then convenient object at 20% and 13% because of quicker. However, the least cause is owing to night-shift at only approximately 7%.

In brief, car is predominantly use for journeys in 4 countries. However only small proportion choosing bicycle, public transport, on foot and other form of transportation. In any case, car is the best way to travel.

The table depicts THE five transportation TYPES USED using for journey in Canada, UK, France and Netherlands. Moreover, the reasons of commuters by car CAR USERS survey result in Canada are illustrated in the bar chart. Overall, THE car is THE most frequentLY used in those four countries.

It is noticeable that Canadauses car very CANADIANS often USE A CAR as opposed to other countries, as presented BY ITS the highest percentage at 90%. Furthermore 18% OF PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION is shown in France as THE most preference PREFERRED for using public transport . Whereas the greatest number of journeys made by bicycle and by foot is in THE Netherlands at 26% and 18% RESPECTIVELY. Only A small percentage (below 4%) OF people use other transport throughout THE countries.

In addition, a main impulse of Canadians MOSTLY travel to work by car is because they do not have any other alternative as could be seen in the chart at nearly 40%. The following reason is due to their necessity as shown at 30% then convenient object CONVENIENCE at 20% and 13% because of quicker IT IS FASTER. However, the least cause is owing to night-shift WORK at only approximately 7%.

In brief, THE car is predominantly useD for journeys in THE 4 countries. However only A small proportion choosing OPTED FOR A bicycle, public transport, on foot PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC and other formS of transportation. In any case, THE car is the best way to travel.
OP ainirere /  
Thankyou Vangiespen,
In the second paragraph first sentence I still confuse about your correction whether is it true?
It is noticeable that Canada uses car very CANADIANS often USE A CAR as opposed to other countries, as presented BY ITS the highest percentage at 90%.

Then how about my conclusion? is that appropriate?
I am not really sure about what you are asking, but I will hazard a guess and respond that yes, Canadians use cars 90% of the time according to the chart, making it the highest ranking transportation type. Would you like me to write my version of the chart in this thread so that you can see how the essay could have been better presented? It isn't really hard to do for a native speaker, but the ESL students sometimes need to see an example of how to correctly write the essay before being a chance to write their own. If you think that my writing a better version of your summary report will help you learn, then I am more than willing to do that for you :-)

The conclusion you wrote is acceptable. You summarized the content of the chart yet again and provided additional information in the process. While the language is not as good as it can be, you still managed to write a solid conclusion based upon the information you were provided with.

Don't worry about your writing weaknesses. Those should improve or completely disappear as you continue to practice writing. We will make sure that your skills improve over time. Just be patient and don't worry so much about it at the start :-) All the exam takers here show improvement with their written skills as their test date nears.
OP ainirere /  
Vangiespen you are so kind, I will be very happy to read your version writing about this chart. I need a good sample for my writing improvement.

Yes, practice makes perfect :)
Hi Rere, here is my version of the chart report. I hope it helps :-)

There are two sets of information presented in this document. The first is a table that outlines the percentage of transportation users in Canada, UK, France, and Netherlands. After that, a graph was presented that details the reasons why a particular type of transport, in this case, a car, is a popular mode of transportation among its users in Canada with alternatives ranking well in the other countries.

Canada shows the highest percentage of car users at 90%. This is because 40% of Canadians do not have access to public transport from their areas of residence. Therefore, the car is a necessity for the 30% of the population living in the outskirts of the city. It offers 20% of the population a convenience because of the quick transport it provides specially to the 7% of people who work in the night shift.

While Canadians prefer cars, only 18 % of the population in France would rather use cars. In the Netherlands though, cars are rarely used because 26% prefer to use bicycles and 18% prefer to walk. These alternative modes of transport are far more popular than the remaining 4% of alternative transport used in other countries.

Overall, the car is the more predominant form of transport in 4 countries. Only a small fraction of the total population prefer alternative transport as represented by bicycles, public transport, or walking, and other forms of transport. As far as the chart information is concerned, the car is the preferred way to travel in most cities.
OP ainirere /  
Thank you so much Vangiespen :)
Your writing is more flow and well-organized rather than mine.
Furkan 3 / 4 1  
Only small percentage (below 4%) OF people use other transport throughout countries.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: The Table and The Bar - forms of transportation used for journeys in some countries