Ielts Task 1: The table given depicts forest area in six distinct regions in 15 years from 1990

minhquan20 2 / 5 1  

forested land in millions of hectares in different parts of the world

The table given depicts forest area in 6 distinct regions in 15 years from 1990 to 2005.
Most strkingly, while there was a slight increase in forested land in Europe and Asia, the opposite was true for that in the remaining areas during the period shown.

As far as the statistics are concerned, the figure for forested land in Europe and Asia initially started at 989 and 576 million hectares, respectively, then both witnessed an upward trend in the next 15 years, in which the former was 1001 and the latter was 584 in 2005.

Regarding the remainder, the forest area in both South America and Africa seemed to have a noticeable decrease, in which the former dipped from 946 to 882 million hectares and the latter fall from 746 to 691 million hectares over the period surveyed. Lastly, nothing much had changed in the data of Oceania and North America since those just exprienced a slight drop of around 2 or 3 million hectares from 1990 to 2005.

emillia2003 5 / 11 3  
Your essay is underlength, it will be a huge penalty which can reduce your score considerably. Your essay structure is confusing, you should have 3 paragraphs at least and some of your paragraph is too short (only 1 sentence). I think you should reconsider how to organize your essay logically
OP minhquan20 2 / 5 1  
It has at around 170 words so I don't think this essay is underlength. By the way, thank you so much for your opinion. I very appreciate that.
@minhquan20 You are right, your essay is not under length. It is actually within the advised mid-range length of the discussion presentation. That means, the report will be getting the proper scoring consideration from the examiner. Good work on the word length. However, your summary overview is a bit lacking. While you have the image identified correctly and the years properly referenced, the country listing should have been provided as well. This would have made the presentation more thorough and truly an information summary paragraph. You also neglected to provide information regarding the measurement type, which in this case is forest area by hectare. All of these information are needed to help create a short version of the report, along with your trending statement.

Each paragraph needs to be 3-5 sentences long. Each paragraph also needs to have a proper complex sentence presentation. The 2 reporting pagraphs that you created do not meet the requirement. Simply using a comma to separate your sentences does not create a complex sentence, it only creates a long sentence. A complex sentence is comprised of an independent and dependent clause.
OP minhquan20 2 / 5 1  
Thank you very much Holt, now I realize that, this is my mistake. I am just afraid of not having enough time for task 2 so I write this task as fast and as simple as possible.

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts Task 1: The table given depicts forest area in six distinct regions in 15 years from 1990