IELTS writing task 1 (1) The table gives information about changes in modes of travel in England....

ttttiffanyyyy 1 / 1  
The table manifests English public traveling in different modes has changed from 1985 to 2000, inclusive of walking, bicycle, car, local bus, long distance bus, train, taxi, and other.

According to the table, the total amount of average distance in miles travelled per person per year shows a significantly accretion, by 1735 miles. Cars were the most popular transportation in England in both 1985 and 2000. Taxi had the least miles between any other travel modes in 1985, accounted for 13 miles, although the amount of taxi's miles increased in 2000, taxi were still classified as an unpopular transportation, constituted 42 miles.

The changes of different travel modes between 1985 and 2000 can divided into two parts, increasing and decreasing. Car, long distance bus, train, taxi, and other transportation got accretions from 1985 to 2000, however, train and taxi increased slightly, by no more than 100 miles. Walking, bicycle, and local bus decreased during 1985 to 2000.

Overall, car were always the main travel mode in England. In contrast, bicycle and taxi were the least popular transportation for English public.

learner20199 - / 2  
It's a wonderful essay!
Here are some edits that I prefer:

long-distance

traveled
significantly

The taxi
the number ..., the taxi was still classified as an unpopular

can be divided
Car, long-distance
... decreased from

Overall, the car was always
for the English public.

Thanks

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS writing task 1 (1) The table gives information about changes in modes of travel in England....