The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items

thutyedaniel 32 / 38 17  
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002.

The table illustrates the information about the percentage of national consumer expenditure in five different countries, including Ireland, Italy, Spain, Sweden, and Turkey by different categories in 2002. At first glance, it can be seen that Turkey resulting the highest percentage of two categories (food/drinks/tobacco and leisure/education). Noted, Sweden results the lowest percentage of national consumer on two items (food/ drinks/tobacco and clothing/footwear).

To begin with, the percentage of national consumer expenditure in Turkey was noticeably higher in consumer spending on food/drinks/tobacco at 32.14 %, and Ireland at 28.91 %. The proportion of expenditure on leisure/education was also highest in Turkey at 4.35 %, but expenditure on clothing/footwear experienced under in Italy at 9 %.

Moving to a more detailed analysis from the table reveals that Sweden had the lowest percentages of national consumer expenditure for two items (food/drinks/tobacco and clothing/footwear), at 15.77 % and 5.40% respectively. Spain had few higher than Sweden for these categories, but results the lowest items for leisure/education at 1.98 %.

Daniel,
I suggest rephrasing your first sentence to;
"The table below illustrates the percentage...", this is because the information was given on the table, you just have to analyze it.
2nd sentence; again, you are analyzing a table so go direct to the information given;
"Turkey has the highest percentage for 2 categories..."
And to take note is to say, "Note" and not "Noted", remember its an on going action, you want your readers to focus on the information your giving about Sweden.

2nd paragraph, the first phrase can be deleted as you already began discussing the table in the 1st paragraph. "The percentage.."
Finally, on your last paragraph, even though you talk about Sweden's information many times in the analysis that doesn't mean that it should use plural as to ,"percentages", it still stay singular as you are talking about one subject, Sweden, so keep it singular,"percentage", and your last sentence, "Spain had few higher???, there should be another link to your subject, " Spain had a few higher remarks than Sweden..."

So, there you have it, a few help from me, make sure that you PROOF READ your analysis, mind your grammar, your linking verbs and make sure that you continue to read as it enhances your vocabulary too.

Cheers!!!
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
To begin with, the percentage of national consumer expenditure in Turkey was noticeably higher in consumer spending on food/drinks/tobacco at 32.14 %, and Ireland at 28.91 %. The proportion of expenditure on leisure/education was also highest in Turkey at 4.35 %, but expenditure on clothing/footwear experienced under in Italy at 9 % .

Please vary your sentences above. Let me give a try;
Initially, the proportion of money spent in national consumers shows that Food/ Drinks/ Tobacco records the highest of all, with 32.14%. Then, it is followed by the figure of Ireland where consumers are more likely to purchase these items, at 28.91%. Again, Turkey experiences 4.35% of leisure/education, and Italy spends 9% of clothing/footwear in the question of period.

Thanks,
eddy suaib.

Home / Writing Feedback / The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items