Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

The tables below give information about sales of Fairtrade- labelled coffe and bananas in 1999

vuthihoa 1 / -  
Topic: The tables below give information about sales of Fairtrade- labelled coffee and bananas in 1999 and 2004 in five European countries.
Sumerise the information by selecting an reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

My essay:

The tables compare the amounts of money gained from selling Fairtrade coffee and bananas in two years, 1999 and 2004 in five nations in Europe.
Overall, sales of those products mostly increased between two years, except for the figures for the bananas sold in Sweden and Denmark. Interestingly, the UK earned more money from both coffee and bananas than any other countries in the area.

The first table shows that, within five years, the United Kingdom became the largest earners from purchasing coffee, with only 1.5 million euros to reach the highest point at 20 million euros in 2004. By contrast, the figure for selling this commodity in Switzerland was doubled from 3-6 million euros between 1999 and 2004. In two places seals went up by the same amount: 1.8-2 million euros in Denmark, and 0.8-1 million euros in Sweden. Besides, the increment was slightly risen by around 0.7 million euros in Belgium.

In the second table, the UK always ranked top, starting with 15 million euros in 1999 which jumped threefold after five years. Both in Switzerland and Belgium sales grew stably from 1-5.5 and 0.6-4 million euros respectively, while Sweden ad Denmark showed a different pattern, which decreases in bananas purchases from 1.8-1 and 2-0.9 million euros.

Home / Writing Feedback / The tables below give information about sales of Fairtrade- labelled coffe and bananas in 1999