IELTS 2 - Who should take the responsibility to reduce the environment damage?

Ian0800 2 / 2  
help with my gramma and main idea of this topic.

Task 2:

Some people believe that it is the responsibility of the politicians rather than the individuals to reduce the environment damage.

This issue is a controversial which affects the daily lives of everyone. People usually take one side over the other, despite not having any idea about the subject. But in my case, I totally disagree that only the politicians should take this responsibility with my title statement reason below.

First of all, the reason why I disagree with the title that only politicians should take this responsibility of reducing the environment damage is that I believe everybody has the responsibility to take care of environment pollution. Simply speaking, if we want to reduce the environment damage, we should start doing it by ourself instead of asking politicians to solve it by their own. Also, the environment damage now is too serious to be solved by only politicians.

On the other hands, there are a variety of reasons why people hold the above argument. First, Some people might think that this is part of the responsibility of being a politician. For instance, they think if politicians want to win the election or to be supported by people, they should do somethings that can help this society to earn people's vote. Second, politicians can make influent easily, so if politicians can start doing it first, people who support him would likely to do it as well.

In my conclusion, I would state my opinion to this issue after analyzing these arguments, It is truly that everyone should be aware of this issue and start making a move to prevent the environment damage.
Cynthia414 1 / 3  
Hi,

I assume the topic belongs to discuss both sides and give your own opinion?

This issue is a controversial ... People usually take one side .... People have different views on whether government officers or civilians should take responsibility to alleviate the environmental harm. But in my case From my perspective, I believe that environmental problems need to be tackled from both sides of people.
Always restate the original topic in your own words. You are scored on your ability to understand and restate topics for discussion in English. You failed to represent the statement in your first sentence. You also added information about people taking one side over the other when no such implication was made in the original prompt. You will lose points for adding information to the essay. Your extent response is confusing and does not include a proper reference to the discussion topics to follow. This is a very bad restatement + response paragraph. I do not doubt it will get a failing TA score.

What title are you constantly referring to? If you mean the topic, then you have to be creative and find several ways of restating it throughout the essay if you want to get a good LR score. You also confuse the discussion with such unclear word references, which will lower your C&C score.

You should stop writing practice tests at this point. You are not yet ready. You should only be reading example essays at this point to help familiarize yourself with the various discussion formats related to the task 2 essay. If you continue to write using this format, you should not expect to pass the test.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS 2 - Who should take the responsibility to reduce the environment damage?