Ielts take 2 Young people attitude towards parents and grand parents

Mattgang 3 / 4  
2 Young people have different ideas and attitudes with their parents and grandparents. What are the differences? What problems may be caused? (100211)
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------- -----
This topic is very hard for me to develop ideas, hope some experts can give me some ideas. Thank's for any correction and help

----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------- -
Recently, there has been a social concern in regards to what different attitudes children hold towards their parents and their grandparents. Indeed, children grow up with two important people and these two people treat them in quite different ways. I will discuss this issue below.

In the first place, children regard their parents as enemies. In most of the family, conflict between children and parents are inevitable. First of all, as children increasingly tend to focus on computer games and their parents have to work all days, they both may lose their interests on activities like talking with each other. Therefore, this lack of communication may give rise to family conflict. Moreover, children and their parents tend to have different personalities, different opinions and different ways of expressing themselves, which may contribute to generation gap.

However, children tread their grandparents as friends. The reason is that, compared with parents, grandparents tend to have more time to stay with their grandchildren. For instance, after retirement, grandparents will enjoy more free time in which they can keep up with their grandchildren' interests such as listen to their music, watch their television or play game with them, and this will create a positive communication.

After having considered all the points that I have discussed above, we can finally draw a conclusion that parents too focus on their job and have less time to spend with their children ,whereas grandparents tend to accept their interests and make the positive communication
niesaysi 16 / 290 85  
Recently, there has been a social concern inwith regards to what different attitudes children hold towards their parents and their grandparents.

I will discuss this issue below.

Unnecessary expression. Delete it.

However, children treadtreat their grandparents as friends.

For instance, after retirement, grandparents will enjoy more free time in which they can keep up with their grandchildren' interests such as listening to their music, watchingtheir television ,orand playing game with them. Having such bondand this will create a positive communication between grandparents and grandchildren.

After having considered all the points that I have discussed above,

We call this as padded statement. Direct to the point. Writing like that hides your main point.

Good luck:)
OP Mattgang 3 / 4  
Hi niesaysi Thank very much I learned a lot .

But , can you tell me what's the different between in regards to and with regards to
Can in regards to substitute with regards to?
niesaysi 16 / 290 85  

Actually, both are interchangeable. Meaning, both are correct. However, in writing, it is more appropriate to use "with regard to". But in spoken language, you can use both.

" In regards to" is wrong. It must be "in regard to" or "with regard to". Hope I answer you question :D

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts take 2 Young people attitude towards parents and grand parents