Taking advantage of the modern technology for the better life

linhpham282 2 / 1  

was life better when technology was simpler?

In the digital age, technology is more prevalent and has become one indispensable part of our life. However, there is still a school of thought that it will be better regardless of modern technology. While this may be true to some extent, I am leaning towards the far-fetching benefits of leveraging technology advancements.

It is irrefutable that the permeating of technology lead to social isolation. Nowadays, the young generations are more inclined towards advanced technology due to its fundamental facilities like surfing, doing chit-chat via social platforms. Hence the severe outcomes are the heavy reliance on it and refraining from social communications. However, this thinking is flawed. Thanks to technological innovations, we could work remotely and maintain the business operations in the pandemic outbreak of Covid 19 when most countries have to implement the strict lockdown.

In addition, another profound merit is that technological breakthroughs have revolutionized the way humans work. Recently, cutting-edge technology is utilized in the daunting tasks that previously required a copious amount of time, labor, and resources. For example, a shoe manufactory needs ten workers to produce 100 hand-craft shoes a day, but now only a particular machine could upgrade its productivity more than twice. This shift generates significant savings in labor costs and contributes to the unprecedented increase in the net profits for the operations.

In conclusion, the superior advantage of technological invention outweighs its drawbacks. I perceive that we should take advantage of it to foster the development of our society in the foreseeable future.
While this may be true to some extent, I am leaning towards the far-fetching benefits of leveraging technology advancements.

The discussion question is, "To what extent do you agree or disagree?" not, "Is the statement somewhat true and why?" The response you have provided may seem to align with the prompt question but, it actually does not. You have to first, respond to the prompt based on the prescribed format (extent) and second, provide the reason for your opinion (thesis statement). What you provided regarding the far reaching benefits would have been the perfect discussion reason to support the opinion response in a proper format.

The reasoning paragraphs are focused on technological use in terms of the workplace and manufacturing. The discussion was supposed to be directed towards the lifestyle of people. The reasoning was not really on point but will receive scoring marks just the same because it has a bit of relevance to the discussion. The conclusion was a prompt deviation as it suddenly referred to benefits and advantages and disadvantages, which were not part of the original prompt presentation. This is basically, an essay that does not meet the passing score requirements for a task 2 essay

Home / Writing Feedback / Taking advantage of the modern technology for the better life