TOEFL ;Taking enough time to do things is better than finishing in a hurry

terryoftommorw 1 / 1  
Topic: Some people are always in a hurry to go places and get things done. Other people prefer to take their time and live life at a slower pace. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

People have different ways in treating things. Some people tend to finish things quickly, while some people, on the contrary, like to take their time and get things done step by step in slower speed. In my opinion, on the premise of finishing things before deadline, it has more advantages to do things slowly than quickly.

Taking enough time to do things is better than finishing in a hurry. Especially for people who are workplace newbies, they are not familiar with the work at the beginning. So they need time to study and work. They may try several times and get failed several times. If the time they have is not enough, the results may be bad ones. In addition, people usually feel pressure when they are required to do things in a hurry. When the pressure is over-loaded, people will feel bad and even get harmed. As a result of that, their works cannot turn out to be good. Take doing surgeries for instance, if doctors only care about the quantity but not the quality, which means that they perform very quickly without checking carefully during the surgeries, the patients may end up with many complications or have to face results of failed. In the reality, many patients and their families care a lot about the time surgeries take. They believe the more time doctors spend on the surgeries, the more dangerous the patients are. It is obviously wrong, and the truth is just the opposite.

Living in modern world, many people live lives rushing behind time. Bankers want to spend every second on gaining money. Factories run every second in order to make more profits. Researchers do experiments every second to write more papers. Everybody seems to be hard-working and time-saving. However, are their works valuable to the world? Do they enjoy their lives in busy? The answers may be no. People nowadays need to slow down. Bankers should try to make the economy keep steady and healthy rather than earning money. Factories should let the workers to have enough rest to help them work happily and high-efficiently. Researchers should focus on solving problems rather than the number of papers. Indeed, living lives in a slower pace will not harm the progress of the society at all.

Having a mind of finishing things quickly is not bad. However, being patient and doing things carefully is better than in a hurry, even more time is needed. I prefer to live a life of slower space. And I believe that, the life in slow will be more meaningful and more healthy.
KYOAAA 6 / 20 1  
I get your point. You support doing things slower. If you can give something about your personal life or some famous quote, that will be much better!
ningo 22 / 53 9  
People have different ways in treating things.

It's a choppy sentence.

Some people tend to finish things quickly, while some people, on the contrary, like to take their time and get things done step by step in slower speed

Some people tend to finish jobs quickly, while others prefer to have things done step by step, certainly with a slower speed.

Taking enough time to do things is better than finishing in a hurry

It doesn't show clear meaning. What do you mean?

People have different approaches in doing things.

like to take their time

... like to take their own cool time

. In my opinion, on the premise of finishing things before deadline, it has more advantages to do things slowly than quickly.

.... strong statement.... very impressive :)

Taking enough time to do things is better than finishing in a hurry. Especially for people who are workplace newbies, they are not familiar with the work at the beginning. So they need time to study and work.

...You tell the reason broadly and then narrow it down to a specific example to convince your idea.
Taking enough time to do things carefully is better than finishing in a hurry, especially when you are a newbie. Suppose a person who just joined a company. This person is not familiar with the work he or she is assigned with at the beginning.
OP terryoftommorw 1 / 1  
It sounds much better than before. Thank you very much.
....Very interesting paragraph. You write very well and I like the way you present your ideas. That's quite unique :) Well done and keep it up! :)

Here are a few suggestions that may sometimes help you with some key words and vocab. (What you've written is perfectly alright & these are just suggestions!) :)

Living in modern world, many people live lives rushing behind time.

Living in modern world, many people live fast lives just fighting to cope with time.

Bankers want to spend every second on gaining money.

Bankers want to spend every second on maximizing their profits.

Bankers should try to make the economy keep steady and healthy rather than earning money

Bankers should try to help the economy grow steadily and healthier rather than just making profits.
Good writing :)

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL ;Taking enough time to do things is better than finishing in a hurry