The Taklimakan Desert, covered with eighty-five sand dunes, has remarkable plant life

Asma Raj 6 / 10  
The Taklimakan Desert covered with eighty-five sand dunes, which has size around 337,600 square kilometers. Although it consists of almost 100% sand dunes, it does not mean that there is no plant there. There are three plants that life in this desert, Populus euphratica, Tamarix ramosissima, and Alhagi sparsifolia.

Firstly, Populus euphratica, the tallest tree in the Taklimakan ecosystem, has long root functioned to absorb water far away from the tree existed. Also, this species plays a role in controlling evaporation throughout either its stomata which generally open during the day while photosynthesis at that tree processing or tiny pores on the leaf surface.

Secondly, there is Tamarix ramosissima that commonly known as a tamarisk or salt cedar. It uses water in an enormous amount by root system that can absorb far away and has root size many times rather than that plant. In addition, it has as the same evaporation regulation like that happens on Populus euphratica leaf.

Lastly, the species that grow prolifically in the Taklimakan desert, Alhagi sparsifolia, utilize a huge amount of water during the summer. Some its root absorbs water about sixteen meters depth. Contrarily, this species open and close its stomata relying on the leaf surface conditions rather than two species above.

As explained above, the plants that life in this desert, Populus euphratica, Tamarix ramosissima, and Alhagi sparsifolia, have quite similar in large absorption of water. They have adapted in surviving living in the desert that can be noticed from their roots form.
Rinnegan45 - / 39 5  
Hi Asma!

nice to see your writing there...

The Taklimakan desert is covered with eighty- five percent sand dunes, which has size aroundapproximately 337,600 square kilometers. (this is more like it)

has root size many times rather than that plantover to other plants.

Some its root absorbs water about sixteen meters depth= some of its roots absorbs water about sixteen meters depthdeep .

hope it is useful!

Home / Writing Feedback / The Taklimakan Desert, covered with eighty-five sand dunes, has remarkable plant life