IELTS Taks 2 _ Media has a tendency to explore whose story that can give them more benefits

wulanbila16 14 / 7 5  
The media pay too much attention to the lives and relationships of celebrities such as actors, singers or footballers. They should spend more time reporting the lives of ordinary people instead.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

____________________________________________________________________

Most lifestyles imitated by people depend on what media shows to public. Nowadays, the lives and relationships of celebrities such as actors, singers or footballers get too much attention of media because these kinds of news can attract a lot of consumers. I strongly believe that media should provide a larger space to report the ordinary people's stories which can inspire the readers.

On one hand, it is no doubt that media has a tendency to explore whose story that can give them more benefits. They present so many hot issues about celebrities so that they get more and more viewers. The more audience read their news, the higher income they get. According to an official statistic, a rating of news program increases dramatically when it presents gossip segments. Although the audiences realize that that news cannot give a good impact, they still choose to see it. Automatically, the profit of media companies will also rise. The media get advantages by reporting these kinds of news.

However, the lives of ordinary people who have inspiring stories should be reported much more often. Instead showing so many problems and negative sides of celebrities, the media has to explore the inspiring story of common people, so the audiences can see good role models to be imitated. A survey conducted by social science students released that more than 60 percent people who donate to charities regularly are inspired by social programs on TV. It is clear that media should spend more time to report common people's lives which can motivate the audiences to do something good.

To sum up, it is evident that reporting inspiring stories of ordinary people is more humanists and can influence more people to do good activities than only focusing on celebrities' lives and relationships. The media have to present the role models to society instead of going for profit only.
ilankelo21 36 / 41 22  
........I strongly believe that media should provide a larger space to report the ordinary peoples stories which can inspire the readers. AS MANY FASCINATING STORIES CAN BE GRASPED BY THE SPECTATORS.

I try to make another the third body paragraph as I can. Perhaps it can be useful for the comparison.

Aside from previous discussion, media should focus on displaying common inhabitants instead. Since most unpopular citizens tend to have more fascinating stories which can be benefited by viewers. A survey conducted by social science students released that more than 60 percent of people who donate to charities regularly are inspired by social programs on TV. By the result of this study, it is indicated that many priceless lesson ca be obtained by people and encourage them to do the same activities.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Taks 2 _ Media has a tendency to explore whose story that can give them more benefits