Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

IELTS task 2 - the talent shows is purposed for finding talented people or entertaining audiences

naura88 6 / 3 4  
Televised talent shows have become popular in many societies today.
Are these shows a good method of finding talented people, or are they just entertainment?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Nowadays, the majority of audiences give much attention to the television programs regarding to the skilled people. Some people say these programs are the best way to discover people having extraordinary expertise, but I extremely believe that they are designed merely for fun.

People think those competitions created in order to looking for highly competent people. This because they believe these competitions can select the appropriate candidate properly. For example, In United States, there is a phenomenal contest well-known as American good talent in which a various skills are presented in it. This open larger opportunities for numerous people, not only the rich but also the poor, to compete with other candidates as singers, dancers, comedians, magicians or others without spending too much money and longer time. This fact proves that those events are the better manner to find people with amazing talent.

However, I strongly believe that skilled exhibitions in television is not made for tracing those discussed people, nevertheless these are planned as programs to entertain spectators. The main reason is that it has been shown by the winner is determined from the number of short message services sent by audiences. It is not fair because someone may be eliminated due to shortage of supporters delivering texts for him although he has very spectacular ability and able to amaze most of viewers. For instance, Muhammad Ihsan Tarore, a new Indonesian singer generated from a talent show four years ago, becomes a champion as he has more votes than his rival getting more backing from juries. There is no doubt that this is devotes for pleasure not for generating professional people.

To sum up, although some people argue televised talent contest is a brilliant method to find gifted people, I would argue there is reasonable evidence to demonstrate that this is not fully true. Therefore, it is necessary to explore the alternative approach for this case.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS task 2 - the talent shows is purposed for finding talented people or entertaining audiences