Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

IELTS Essay: Talent or Training

alexskyes 1 / -  
Could you please check my essay and give me some feedback? I would appreciate it.

Topic:
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Essay:
While talking about talent, some people suggest that those who are gifted, for example, in sport or music can obtain higher achievement. Others nevertheless, claim that through an apprroprate education, any individual can gain specific abilities. Both sides are supported by good reasons.

Those who believe in talents have cogent reasons. First, it makes easier for talented men to learn specific subjects. They learn much quicker than others, thus plenty of time can be saved. That is to say, they have extra time to learn additional knowledges. Furthermore, talent person can be more creative than conformed. Their creativity, as a result, bring their career to a higher level. Finally, talented people are capable of breaking the laws, hence they will establish their own style and make contribution to the subject.

However, there are also some others who contend that training is more important to individual. To begin with, they assert that the loss of talent can be compensated by hardly training. It also narrows the gap between the low and high achievers. In the second place, a great tutor can adject materials and methods of instruction, which in order to dig out one's potential.

Admittedly, both sides are reasonable. As for me, talent is much more important than training. Diligent practicing do make efforts in training athletes and musical experts, for instrance. However, those who once achieved higher goals or composed immortal masterpieces are always that people get talent. "Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." Perspiration may be acquired, but the inspiration is indispensable.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Essay: Talent or Training