The talk about your favorite language

doanquoc 1 / -  

studying english makes me happy

Hi, my name is Quoc, i am studying english at Vietnam University of Agriculture, so i can speak 2 languages, but my english skill is not fluent. Studying english bring to me very much happy and very much exciting. I really love it. If i take C1 degree in the future, I can sutudy abroad, that is my best dream. Especialy, i learn with amazing friends, my english class is called english A2, that class is very funny. Athough I start learning English from beginer, but with my friends and my teachers I do not have much nervous to pass B1+ degree. After 5 months i feel much better than old. I am confident to speak English and do grammar exercise. However, i have a few problem with my second language it is about speaking skill, grammar and listening skill. Grammar is very wide and a lot of details. It ishardest skill for me. That problem stil can solve because i have 11 weeks to prove those skills. I promise myself " keep calm and after few years i could study abroad".
Quoc, the instruction is asking you to talk about your favorite language, not your favorite language class. There is a difference. English is a language that you enjoy speaking while English class is a method of learning the language. There lies the difference and mistake in your discussion. When you talk about your favorite language, you have to explain why you like this language. The explanation can include, an interest in English culture and society. a favorite singer or type of music such as rap, R&B, or something similar. These are reasons why English can be considered your favorite language. What you presented are reasons why English is your favorite class. Which is not what this discussion is all about.

Speaking of English class, did you notice that you did not follow the English grammar rules regarding sentence structuring? There are no capitalized letters at the beginning of your sentences, a direct violation of the English writing rules. Be conscious of these simple errors as these show a total disregard and respect for the grammar rules of the language.
d2ny 12 / 39  
@doanquoc
Be careful with your spelling and grammar errors as they are found a lot in your writing here. Also, focus on the question. Talk about your favorite language. How do you learn it and with who? For how long? What are the challenges in learning it? What do you feel when you are be able to speak in it? Why do you want to master it? Try to formulate 5w1h questions about your favorite language, say in this case English, and you'll find a way to put them in your writing.
Sprouty93 1 / 2  
@doanquoc
I think including how you first became interested in English might help you talk more about what attracted you to love this language. Your purpose of studying English might be welcomed in this essay.

You talked a lot about what's hard for you in English, try to talk also about what are you good at maybe ?
And please check your grammar and spelling mistakes :)
Good luck~
Arlen 20 / 40 3  
Hi,

First of all, I think that will be much formal to write some number in English. For example, I can speak two languages. Of course, not all the number should follow that, only the simple one, please describe in English.

Next, as a foreign like me, don't really understand the learning level in your school, which means, the class level you mentioned in article let me feel confused. I think it will help if you can take some description to explain what it is.

And a good paragraph can help the reader understand your words quickly. Try to make a clear paragraph next time!

Hope it helps!

Home / Writing Feedback / The talk about your favorite language