TED Talks : Suzanne Barakat - Islamophobia

kiki23 37 / 64 4  
Suzanne Barakat shared her sad experience about the three of her family members were gruesomely murdered in a hate crime; her brother Deah, his wife Yusor, and her sister Razan. Even though the murder was directly turned to the police after he committed the crime, the reason uttered by him does not make sense as he stated that he killed three kids over a parking dispute. However, the investigation reveals that there is parking dispute as the killer was murdered them in their own home where it should be the safest place for them.

Suzanne was falling into a deep sadness not only because of her loss, but also because of the distorted news broadcasted by the media. For this reason, she challenge herself to speak up against the hate crime felt by all of the people who come from different race, religion, and gender while for her, islamophobia. At the end, she asked the audiences to join her in standing up against hate as even the single support gave by them to the their muslim friends or neighbors will make a difference.

Source : ted.com/talks/suzanne_barakat_islamophobia_killed_my_brother_let_s_end_the_hate#t-289647
fadhilmd25 41 / 75 11  
Dear kiki, here are advices for your summary,

... reason uttered by him did not make sense as ...

the investigation revealed that there was parking dispute as the killer ...

regards

Home / Writing Feedback / TED Talks : Suzanne Barakat - Islamophobia