TOEFL: Being taught by a teacher is the most suitable and effective way to learn

linh202 11 / 23  
Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher. Others think that it is always better to have a teacher. Which do you prefer? Use specific details and examples in your answer.

Hi everyone,
Could you help me check my essay, please!

Most people hypothesize that self-study is regularly the most beneficial and least lavish way to accumulate knowledge. From my perspective, students had better have a teacher because of three crucial reasons.

First and foremost, the teacher has high education and qualification. He is trained to instruct different students with various levels. Normally, the instructor is specialized in one subject, so the knowledge passed down has a higher accuracy. Not all the students have ability to study well all the subjects at school. For example, my sister accomplished lots of invaluable rewards for mathematics when she was a pupil. In contrast, she often had difficulty solving chemistry's problems, so she spent two days a week studying at a chemistry extra class. Furthermore, the teacher has a specific method to make the students interested in learning and drive them to discover new horizon.

Secondly, the teacher is regarded as the best parent and he has responsibility for teaching the students the conventional behavior. For instance, when I studied at elementary school, my civics teacher usually told us to express thanks as other people helped us. A six-year-old child is not capable of being aware of the etiquette and unlikely to study alone. Indeed, teacher is the lifeblood of shaping children's characteristics. What's more, he often evaluates the students' acts fairly and be objective enough to give some useful advice. Like parents, he also gives affection to students and looks up to them.

Last but not least, studying alone easily makes students distract and slowly progress. If they are not persistent and have high concentration, self-study will be extremely troublesome. There is no pressure to constraint them to study hard, so they are likely to give up and neglect. The noise and some kinds of entertainment are the big nuisances which can make their studying ineffective. Moreover, they must spend plenty of time searching materials and solving difficult problems. With teacher's assistance, they can have useful information and clue to find the answers advantageously.

In a nutshell, the instructor can pass down both theory and practicality and also self-study requires students several strictness. Those are reasons why being taught by a teacher is the most suitable and effective way to learn.
Jeiti - / 1  
very good!
one thing
he also gives affection to students and looks up to them?
I think it should be "looks after"
OP linh202 11 / 23  
Hi jeiti! Thanks for your correction.

You wrote: he also gives affection to students and looks after to them. But my idea is that teacher respects ( = looks up to) the students .

Anyway, thank you!
Furthermore, the teacher has a specific method to make the students interested in learning and drive them to discover new horizon.

The verb tense in this paragraph was the PAST TENSE, so keep it in the past tense:
Furthermore, the teacher has had a specific method to make the students interested in learning and drive them to discover new horizon.

Last but not least, studying alone easily makes students become distracted and make only slow progress.---I made a small change here.

Anyway, your skill is good enough for toefl. Your skill is good enough to write a novel!! The mistakes are not big mistakes.

In a nutshell, the instructor can pass down both theory and practicality practical skills, whereas also self-study requires students to figure everything out alone. several strictness .

Those are reasons why being taught by a teacher is the most suitable and effective way to learn.----This sentence is very eloquent!

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL: Being taught by a teacher is the most suitable and effective way to learn