ARE TAXES FOR AVIATION INDUSTRY APPROPRIATE?

Mikoliver 1 / -  

SOLUTION FOR air traffic PROBLEM

It is believed that air traffic is one of the factors that brings about noise, pollution and problems of airport construction. To tackle these issues, many people reckon that a governmental interference by using higher tax system for aviation is quite necessary. From my perspective, however, I do not agree with this solution for a couple of reasons.

It is commonly known that noise and pollution can take many forms. Noise can come from a variety of human activities such as driving, partying or holding festivals. Likewise, pollution does not only originate from airplanes but can take shape from other kinds of transportations. It is virtually irrational to impose heavy taxes on these daily activities in order to keep the issues in check. Additionally, a heavier tax system would impose more financial burden on residence unnecessarily.

Secondly, higher taxation on aviation would bring about inequality among walks of life. Although the number of rich people is increasing, it does not mean that everyone can afford higher price of air tickets. As a matter of fact, this governmental movement would not impede the mobile needs of the upper class. In contrast, low income residence would induce the loss since higher air costs could reduce their chance of moving around.

Last but not least, exorbitant taxes have a direct effect on tourism. A large number of visitors would change their plans for vacation and alternate their destinations to somewhere more affordable. The attempts of governments to attract tourists, therefore, would be in vain. Besides, when tourism becomes less lucrative, its consequence would be that thousands of people could lose their jobs.

In a nutshell, it is true that air traffic has a detrimental effect on the environment. With the above reasons, governments should not increase the tax system in aviation but instead find some alternative measures to sort out the problem.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@Mikoliver
Hello there!

I see that you're new to the forum. Welcome! I hope that you find the feedback you are looking for here. Let me try my best to help you.

Firstly, try to work on the construction of the flow and structure of your sentences. I have noticed that there were areas that needed work on in order to relay your information more smoothly. If you can focus on this primarily, you'll have a smarter overall flow in your writing. Having this approach entails that you can also maximize the space you have in your essay more because you're going to be trimming down the unnecessary portions of the text.

Take a look at this revision:

It is ... that n Noise and pollution ... ...from a variety of human activities ... ... airplanes but can take shape from ... transportation as well.

If you can recognize which portions are unnecessary and evade their usage, this will help you in the long-run to establish more essential and critical content to work with.

It would also be beneficial for your content if you could extend your words through incorporating firmer examples. If you can, try to focus more on expounding with real-life to demonstrate how realistic your perceptions are of the topic.

Best of luck in your writing as always.

Home / Writing Feedback / ARE TAXES FOR AVIATION INDUSTRY APPROPRIATE?