"to teach or understand the concept of the topic" - purpose of teaching and learning is same

sandipsinh 37 / 90 3  
It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts

In today's technological world myriad options are available of gaining information such as internet and iBook's. Also many schools and universities prefer to use modern devices for teaching these data but purpose of teaching and learning is same -"to teach or understand the concept of the topic". As such it is important for students to understand the subject well rather than merely getting acquainted with topic. My explanation for the same is based on personal and education benefits.

From educational viewpoint, fact cannot be denied that practical learning method has out - maneuver theoretical learning technique, similar concept is emphasized by many researcher accumulating the fact that understanding the concept of the subject helps people to store information in their memory for long. On the other hand fact can be studied but without better recognition of that fact, one cannot remember it prolong. For example, I mugged up topic, gravity of force in my 10th grade to score good marks in examination and in 11 grade I took commerce that disable me to ever refresh it due to which I forgot the basic fundamental of gravity of force. If I would have understood the rationale of gravity of force then I might have remembered it. Learning should be done in appropriate way as we do it to gain knowledge and not to complete the education.

Adding to the topic, it also help individuals in their day to day life, as it is said anything learned would never go in vein, like after consuming knowledge of basic fundamentals of subjects, school student steps ahead to do their graduation for detail studies, student whose basic fundamental would be strong, will easily able to cope with the harder stage of studies for instance Mathematics need to be understood. Learning the facts with the depth understanding will help student to score attractive marks that will further help them to secure lucrative job for themselves. Also this would help them to do well in any competitive exams. Collectively, better understanding of facts and details is proven to be beneficial globally for operating any sector of the world impeccably.

Every discovery and invention is an authenticity of fact that understanding of fact is much imperative then merely knowing the fact. Even animals understand the concept of prying to feed themselves. Therefor all living being should fallow ideal method for learning.
In today's technological world, myriad options are available offor acquiringgaining information such as internet and iBook's.

I think you deviate a lot from your topic while introducing it to the reader. Here you need to focus more on showing the importance of understanding concepts and fundamentals of subjects. However, you've gone pretty out of topic. Also, it is good if you post the topic in full for us to understand what it really requires.
It's good if you included the topic here. Then we know exactly what it expects. Make sure you do that with other essays :)

I think you deviate a lot from your topic while introducing it to the reader. Here you need to focus more on showing the importance of understanding concepts and fundamentals of subjects. However, you've gone pretty out of topic.

I too think so. Always stay aligned with your topic. Pahan has explained what your topic expects from you.
OP sandipsinh 37 / 90 3  
hey

The subject of the essay is
It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.
could you please pour in your suggestions for my essay.

I am preparing for TOEFL as such need help to score high in writing section.
Ok, then align your introduction with this prompt. You really don't have to talk about internet or iBooks as they are out of topic. Let's give a try again;

Education is considered as the key to success and therefore lots of attention is given to teaching methodologies and the learning process of students. (this is your hook which provides you an easy entrance to introduce your topic to the reader. This hook should be interesting and also relevant to your topic). Some people view that it is important to make students understand ideas and concepts than having them learned facts. (this is the background of your topic) I too agree with this view. (thesis statement - your opinion)
OP sandipsinh 37 / 90 3  
Dumi

Thanks for the explanation i was about to ask regarding it.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
a closer look at the prompt given.

Here, you should focus this topic on keywords: important ideas, concepts, students to understand. I can't see you have worked with them.

Home / Writing Feedback / "to teach or understand the concept of the topic" - purpose of teaching and learning is same