Teacher vs parent role in children's intellectual and social development IELTS Task2

Iris77 1 / -  
Some people think that teachers at school are more responsible for children's intellectual and social development than parents. To what extend do you agree or disagree? What is your personal opinion?

Currently, with the growing importance of education, parents devote themselves to providing their children with the best education. However, many people advocate that teachers of students tend to have more influence on their mental and social development than parents.

Admittedly, teachers in school are of considerable significance to help students learn the knowledge from text books. Because of the professional training teachers received before, they would definitely know how to do with the cultivation of children's intellect. Also, school is just like a little society, for example, it is possible for children to learn how to be sociable when their teachers show how to deal with some little quarrels between two students. Moreover, compared to their parents, children are inclined to follow their teachers' instructions.

Granted, we all know that parent is a child's first teacher. Parents are the ones who occupy most of a child's time. Every single day, a child is living in the surroundings of parents' words and deeds, so he or she could easily learn some social skills from his or her daily life with parents. Even if parents do not have professional certifications as teachers do, they can still help their children with many affairs. Not only did they receive good education, but they love their children much more than anyone else does.

In my opinion, both teachers and parents are of vital importance to cultivate an intelligent and sociable child. If they can cooperate well, the aim will be achieved easily.
Leah_Writer - / 46 4  
Hi, Iris! I think your conclusion is a good one, but I feel it is important to add to your argument by acknowledging that there are times when teachers spend more time with students than parents do, and might be even more responsible for teaching social skills than in normal circumstances. (This is especially true in low-income families where parents are working all the time and may or may not have the time or interest to teach their children.) Otherwise, I think you make very good points. Good luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / Teacher vs parent role in children's intellectual and social development IELTS Task2