Some teacher prefer to record the lecture in advance

a8s287 2 / 1  
Some teachers prefer to record the lecture in advance so that students can familiarize themselves with it first, and practice what they have learned from the lecture in the class.

Do you consider this is a good way to teach?

In contemporary, it is convenient for modern people to use techniques to work. The professors and teachers also benefit from advanced technology. So some of the earnest teachers would like to help students preview their classes before starting. Using some ways to benefit students to study from the videos they record. However, in my perspective, I don't think it is effective for most of the students in school.

To begin with, it is impractical for all the students to watch the previewing lecture before classes. If only some of the students have taken the previewed videos, the class' students will have a degree gap after the class started. The more classes they take, the bigger the gap gets. A good course and a good teacher demand to make the whole class to get a better level after the course ends up.

Furthermore, it is unnecessary to put more pressure on the students' backs. Nowadays, students get a lot of courses and homework from school. Most of the teachers put much pressure on them. They study in school and doing homework after school. Giving an extra video lecture for homework is going to take the leisure time they merely have.

By the way, if the students are interested in the subject they study, they would like to surf the information on the internet. It is convenient for teachers to teach students with computers. Hence, it is also comfortably for students to learning information with computers. On the other hand, modern students are "technology natives." Morden students usually use "Google" to replace many sides of teachers.

In light of the above arguments, I believe that is needless for teachers to record the lecture before class. It is neither efficient for students nor a good way for students to learn.
Your prompt restatement is inaccurate. It is not necessary for you to add information to the presentation as the examiner only wants to see if you are capable of relating the original topic in your own words. So, while you did respond to the given question, the topic for discussion that you presented it way overboard in terms of representing the original prompt. You have to be concise, not long winded. Get to the point at once, you only have 40 minutes to complete this task. The simpler presentation that would have scored better?

Some educators tend to pre-document their class lessons. The idea behind this is to help the students get a better idea of the topic before actual class lectures. The hope is that the students will learn more in the actual class this way. I do not believe this is an effective class lecture method.

See? All it took were 3 sentences that parallel the original presentation:

OT: Some teachers prefer to record the lecture in advance MT: Some educators tend to pre-document their class lessons.
OR: students can familiarize themselves with it first, MR: he idea behind this is to help the students get a better idea of the topic before actual class lectures.

CO: practice what they have learned from the lecture in the class. MO: The hope is that the students will learn more in the actual class this way.

Q: Do you consider this is a good way to teach? R: I do not believe this is an effective class lecture method.

The first 2 reasoning paragraphs were sufficient for the actual discussion. The third one that refers to Google created an alternate discussion that was not part of the original prompt. So that will not be added to your final score. Rather, it will be deducted from the overall score based on word count. So your word count goes down from 297 to 232, making you come under the word minimum count. As such, there will appropriate deductions for the missing word count.

It is because of the word deductions that I always ask the students to pay attention to why they are discussing. Always stick to the original prompt. The minute you add a discussion topic in the paraphrasing portion, you will immediately run a tendency to fall under the word count, which can result in your failing the test based on a technicality. As it is, this essay already has spelling, grammar, and LR errors that will result in points deductions. So adding the incorrect paraphrase plus the deducted word count to the mix makes the failing score almost a certainty.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some teacher prefer to record the lecture in advance