It is the teacher's responsibility to make a student learn the material.

kinnie81 1 / 1  
Nowadays, education is the key point of every aspect, therefore the responsibility of people who work in educational major is commonly put to discussion. In my opinion, a teacher has a significant role in the study progress of a student. I feel this way for two reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.

First of all, teacher ensures all the students reach the goals of the lessons, which is the fundamental purpose of studying. Each student has their own level of comprehension, their own strength and weakness on various subjects. Because of these differences, students are hardly approach all important content without the assistance of a teacher. You can easily see this situation in any classes. In a class of a specific subject, for example Math, there are likely to be two groups. Group one contains students who are prompt and sensible in solving equations. They are energetic in class and excited to spend more time in solving Math problems. However, students from group two have difficulties in absorbing the lessons and are frustrated in studying Math problems. Therefore, the teacher will help group one advance their knowledge and explore more from the material while using the appropriate methods to guarantee group two to thoroughly learn the material. The teacher comes out to be the intermediate element between the lessons and the students.

Secondly, teacher helps the students stay focus and prevent them from distraction, which are things young people usually struggle with. Students commonly get distracted by minor factors presenting in daily life such as smartphones, social networking websites and entertainment activities. They not only interrupt the studying progress but also make the students spend much time which is supposed to be invested in learning. As I mentioned above, there are two opposite groups that exist in Math class. Students from group two are more easily distracted than group one. Beside helping them learn the material, teacher also monitors them in order to assure they focus on the lessons, finish their tasks and do not do irrelevant things while studying. As a result, the studying progress with the presence of the teacher becomes more effective.

In conclusion, I strongly agree that the teacher's responsibility is important for the students to comprehend the material. This is because the teacher helps the students approach the goals of the lessons and eliminates factors that distract the students from studying.
Kinnie, without knowing the actual prompt that you are trying to answer, I still found myself highly impressed by the essay that you wrote. I found your argument to be logical , cohesive and with a clear line of thought progression. I am just worried though that you might have missed out on discussing both sides of the issue as is often required in these sorts of essays. There are just one or two points that I believe should be called to your attention as those parts have a direct effect on the way your essay would be scored. Is there any chance you can upload the prompt so that I can rest my fears about that aspect of your writing?

In your paragraph about the teachers needing to prevent the distractions that affect the students, I am not sure why you had to circle back to the Math example. Normally, you should strive to present at least 2 examples in the essay. That is, 2 different examples. Now, in the classroom and during tutorial sessions, the students are made to put away their gadgets. So how exactly is the teacher supposed to prevent distraction during this learning process?

You have shown a great deal of ability in expressing your thoughts in the written English word. If you can supply the prompt requirement, I am sure that I will be able to offer more advice regarding your writing improvement.
OP kinnie81 1 / 1  
Holt, I am really sorry that I forget to supply the prompt. Here is the requirement of the task:
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Use specific details and examples to support your answer.

I sincerely appreciate your comments on my essay. I am working on TOEFL writing section to improve my score so your advice is truly valuable to me.

Thank you.
m7mdbsheer 6 / 7 1  
Hi kinnie,
here are some suggestions to improve this piece of writing:
- You can easily see this situation in any classes.
it would be better if you write: This situation can be easily seen in classes. (try to avoid personal pronouns in academic writing)
- In a class of a specific subject; math, for example, (you shouldn't capitalise the word math )
- Secondly, teacher helps the students to stay focus ....
( the state here is about students in general, so there is no need of the article the )

... the teacher helps the students to approach the goals of the lessons and (...) that distract the students from studying.
- and finally, always keep an empty line between paragraphs,

Keep writing :)
Kinnie, in order to make your argument even stronger in this essay, you should have taken the time to present the opposing statement. This is a statement that you could have made in the opening paragraph of your essay. The reason that you need to present an opposing side in this type of discussion is because you need to show a balance of information in the written work. That means that, while you represent one side of the story, you should also be able to provide a discussion regarding the reasons why some people have an opposing point of view. When you present a balanced look at the discussion, you show the reviewer that you have the ability to think logically in English and that you have a clear understanding of the topic, not necessarily the prompt, that you are being asked to discuss. Doing so would further increase your chances of getting an increased score in the end.

Home / Writing Feedback / It is the teacher's responsibility to make a student learn the material.