IELTS task 2; What is teacher's role? Should they teach academic subjects only?

maruko_a2609 4 / 7 1  
I will be very happy with your help :)
My topic is that: "Some people think that teachers should be responsible for teaching students to judge right and wrong and to behave well. Some say that teachers should only teach students about academic subjects. Discuss both views and give your opinion".

There is no doubt that teachers should take responsibilities for teaching students to judge right and wrong and behave well although some people is in the opposite side, concern that they should only teach academic subjects.

Nowadays, students spend almost their time on studies in school with their teachers and friends. So that, there is a huge influence of these people to their attitude and the way they behave. Moreover, students tend to admire and imitate their teachers, even sometimes, they follow their teachers' advices rather than their parents'. Besides that, thanks to the education about attitude for children, they can understand the importance of studies for their future and make more efforts to gain knowledge. In addition, educated students would behave to their friends better and it makes a positive environment for improving education quality.

In the contrast, if teachers only teach their students about academic subjects, they can have more time to concentrate on their major and improving knowledge for students. However, it is not right for students, especially who come from non- basic families or their parents are too much busy to educate children. These students, if there is not anyone teaching them, it is evident that they will not have ability to discriminate right and wrong. As a result, even they can perceive knowledge from school, tend to be naughty and harmful for society.

To be conclusion, it is admitted teachers and school plays important role in building personalities. Therefore, the contribution teaching knowledge and educate attitude should be maintained and developed more in the future.
There is no doubt that teachers should take responsibilities for teaching students to judge right and wrong and behave well although some people is in the opposite side

...... although some people believe otherwise.

Nowadays, students spend almost their time on studies in school with their teachers and friends. So that, there is a huge influence of these people to their attitude and the way they behave.

First, in one's student life, he or she spends most of the day in the company of teachers and peers. Therefore teachers and peers have a great influence in shaping the attitude and behavior of students

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS task 2; What is teacher's role? Should they teach academic subjects only?