TEACHER or SELF? I would prefer to learn by myself

sabrinayaa 12 / 22  
Toelf topic: Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher. Others think that it is always better to have a teacher. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons to develop your essay.

When it comes to whether having a teacher when people are trying to learn something, some might choose to have one, while others, would like the way of self-study. Personally speaking, I would like to learn by myself, even if some benefits exist having teachers.

In the first place, learning by oneself would give people more freedom. Teachers would prefer to give people knowledge by forcing students to study in the way they planed. In this case, some students have mastered the part of knowledge have to follow their teachers and lose lot of time. The lost time would have been spent in studying the subject they are not familiar with, as well as the amount of time could be used to learn more knowledge.

At the same time, studying on their own is a key factor in the daily life of people. Since we have entered a fast growing society, an increasing number of talents have made the already competitive job market more fierced. People who want to have decent salaries have to learn more skills prepare for the future. Individuals could not always ask teachers for help because of the limited time in a intensively developing world, at that moment, a employee who possess a self-study conscious would become more competence.

However, in some cases, people have to rely on teachers to establish their foundation of study. In other words, teachers are in great demand when individuals are desire to learn something they have never stepped into or areas are in the greatly need of professional knowledge. For example, if a student is going to be a doctor, then he will study with a teacher rather than studying by himself.

Briefly speaking, as I mentioned before, whether people should study with teachers or just learn on their own, I would prefer to learn by myself, for the reason I could arrange my own time and that skill also contribute to my future career.
When it comes to the question of whether it is beneficial to have a teacher when trying to learn something, some might choose to have one, while others would like the way of self-study. ---I made some small changes here.

Personally speaking, I would like to learn by myself, even if some benefits exist when enjoying the guidance of a teacher.

Use plural:
At the same time, studying on their own is a key factor in the daily lives of people.

Not more fierce... fiercer.
...market fiercer. People who want to have ..

...decent salaries have to learn more skills prepare for the future.

... would become more competent. ----Competence is a noun, like happiness. He can be happy and confident because he has happiness and competence. :-)

Great job! You are fluent in English with just a few small mistakes. Everyone always has some mistakes, even if they grew up speaking English.
OP sabrinayaa 12 / 22  
Hi Kevin:

Thank you! I like this website, it helped me a lot. I hope one day I could help others like you!

:)

Home / Writing Feedback / TEACHER or SELF? I would prefer to learn by myself