IELTS task 2 essay Should teachers teach the values of good and bad?

serbinax 7 / 19 7  

Teaching Students the Meaning of Right and Wrong

Some people think that teacher should be responsible for teaching students to judge what is right and what is wrong so that they can behave. Others say that teacher should only teach student academic subjects

Many believe that students should be taught to distinguish between good and bad at schools. Others think that teacher should only provide academic knowledge. In this essay I would like to consider both views and give my personal opinion on the discussion.

On the one hand, some people are convinced that it is a teacher's responsibility to educate students how to tell good from bad, because it is at school where kids spend most of their time. Instructors, therefore, are able to observe and make necessary assessments on how pupils interact with one another. If the child is misbehaving, the teacher can take proper action by immediately addressing the issue.

However, opponents argue that teacher simply does not have enough time to accommodate all children, because modern classrooms are large and on average contain about 35 children. With 40-minutes duration of a regular academic class, simultaneous lecturing of every child on ethical issues of right and wrong simply becomes an impossible task for an instructor.

As for my opinion, it coincides with the second view that the lecturers today are already overburdened with the amount of academic knowledge that they have to teach to students. If classroom instructors are given an additional task of teaching what is good and bad, then the quality of academic education will most inevitably drop down. The teaching of right and wrong to children, therefore, should be the primary responsibility of parents.

In conclusion, some believe that the school should teach the values of good and bad, because students spend a lot of time there. Others think that instructors cannot provide a high quality education by teaching academics and ethical issues at the same time. I support the second opinion that school should exclusively provide an academic education, which is the only thing that can secure the child's successful future.
huy655vn 1 / 2  
I think this would have the word "on": ... educate students on how to ...

In my opinion...

... opinion that schools should ...

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS task 2 essay Should teachers teach the values of good and bad?