Toefl essay-In a team, those who do not accept others' criticism cannot succeed.

yoyofuny 3 / 5  
pls check my essay ^^ Thanks very much!!!
Topic:Do you agree with the following statement? In a team, those who do not accept others' criticism cannot succeed.

In modern society, people's work output and performance are not always going to satisfy their colleagues and superiors. There are times that people will be misinterpreted and criticized. Some people believe that a person does not need others' judgments to make him successful. Others, however, disagree with this idea and are convinced that a successful person always has the ability to handle others' suggestions. In my opinion, it is recommended or even necessarily that people should accept the advices from others.

First of all, people should accept others' suggestions to improve their work performances, which in turn leads to the success in their careers. Think of a person who always convinces others that they are wrong and he is right. This will lead to arguments and resentment among his team. Then less people in the team will give him advice even if there is an obvious mistake which will lead to the failure in his work. On the other hand, the best way to deal with the criticism is to just accept it. This helps a person to learn that he is not the greatest, and that he is not perfect. He will know where he might be flawed and try hard to modify. In the long run, he will be successful. For instance, my uncle's colleague, who was the salesman in a food company, never accepted any advice from others. When my uncle and other colleagues in the sales team were discussing how to promote the latest products, the man always showed excited at first, talking a lot about his plan regardless of other suggestions. If someone in the team pointed out the disadvantages of his plan, he would get totally irritated and depressed. Ten years later, he could only work for the company as a common salesman; on the contrary, my uncle, who was pleased to hear different voices, gained a promotion.

In addition, criticism can develop the positive attitude when facing difficulties. This provides more opportunities for a person to succeed. There may be different kinds of reasons that people are criticized, whether intentional or unintentional. If a person can keep all these criticisms in mind all the time, then he will grow up an open-mind person and finally obtain his career goal. For example, my brother worked in a team, and there was a routine evaluation between colleagues every week. People in the team should review others' performances and give them advices. My brother always got a lot of criticisms, even deliberate ones to backstab him. At first, he was not used to this rigid discipline and was always frustrated. However, he tried his best to learn from criticisms and apologized for his shortcoming. This nevertheless strengthened his ability to withstand the pressure and foster an optimistic characteristic when facing obstacles. Finally, his boss was impressed with his great fortitude and active attitude and gave him a promotion.

It is clear that people should learn to accept others' suggestion to improve their performances, as well as form a constructive attitude, which will guarantee a more splendid future.
Great job here... not many errors!

Think of a person who always convinces others that they are wrong and he is right. This will lead to arguments and resentment among his team.------I agree!!

If someone in on the team pointed out the disadvantages of his plan, he would get totally irritated and depressed. T---Wow, you have such well-written sentences!! I just changes in to on. Say "on the team" like this: "I was on the team."

In addition, criticism can help people develop a positive attitude when facing difficulties. ----I made a small change here.

You have a nice writing style!

Home / Writing Feedback / Toefl essay-In a team, those who do not accept others' criticism cannot succeed.