Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Technological proliferation has revolutionised the interaction between people. IELTS essay

annguyen 5 / 9 2  
Topic: Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology.
In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships that people make? Has this been a positive or negative development?

My essay:

Technological proliferation has revolutionised the interaction between people. In my view, technology has influenced on people's relationships in various ways and this has become a positive trend.

To begin with, technology, the Internet in particular, has a tremendous impact on how people socialize. Social networking sites online enable people to befriend many other people across the globe. For example, I could possibly make friends with foreigners thanks to Facebook and also keep in touch with them frequently. Furthermore, technological devices open up opportunities for a person to be friends with those who share his interests or hobbies. Take entertaining applications on smartphones for example. If a user joins a game, he will be connected with other players. They could then begin a conversation and even exchange photos with each other. Never before can people build up relationships in such various ways thanks to technology advances.

With regard to the impact of this trend, I am strongly convinced that it has become a positive development. In fact, social network platforms and online applications have diversified the circle of friends of many people. This helps each individual to understand different cultures and customs, which leads to improved mutual understanding among people. Moreover, given the availability of technological gadgets such as smartphones or tablets, people could strengthen their relationships without geographical constraints.

In conclusion, I am of the opinion that advances in technology has impacted on the way people establish their relationships in various ways, and this has become a positive trend.

Home / Writing Feedback / Technological proliferation has revolutionised the interaction between people. IELTS essay