Technology effects; making friends and communicate with one another is different

william731 18 / 43 13  
Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make? Has this become a positive or negative development?

The rapid pace of development in technology has changed the way people communicate with each other. The essay intends to explore the changes and the negative impact that may be brought out.

Firstly, the prevalence of the Internet has induced the invention of online social networking platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. People nowadays spend a considerable amount of time surfing those websites and making comments on their friends' status, instead of talking with their friends face to face or even over telephone.

Moreover, the traditional ways of making friends have been transformed due to the emergence of those social platforms. In the past, people made friends by going to various functions such as student clubs or by introducing friends to friends. In the computerized world, people would rather make friends through online chat rooms and other communication software like MSN.

However, those technological advancement has posed certain degree of threats to the users. With the increased use of the Internet for the purpose of communicating, people are indulged in the cyber world and are reluctant to face the reality. Besides, people infrequently communicating face to face may result in poor social interpersonal skills. Another threat of Internet is that the virtual world is full of lies and scams. It is not a wise choice to meet a stranger through the network.

To conclude, technology has changed the methods how people make friends and communicate with one another. However, the potential hazards of it should not be ignored at any circumstance.
Patty An 2 / 2  
The essay intends to explore the changes and the negative impact that may be brought out

"impacts"

It's better if you state your opinion about this; do you think it is negative or positive?

Firstly, the prevalence of the Internet has induced the invention ofintroduced online social networking platforms such as Facebook and Twitter

Better not make your sentences crowded with too complicated expressions

People nowadays spend a considerable amount of time surfing those websites and making comments on their friends' status, instead of talking with their friends face to face or even over telephone.

You better say that people nowadays choose these means to stay connected without making efforts to seeing each other physically. Don't forget that you need to keep a good alignment with your topic always :)
joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Hai willam..
In your essay you should tell how technology effects the types of relation ships people make..
Is it a positive or negative development..

The last body para you can use the reason for your opinion that it is a negative development..
You should organise it. srart the para with your opinion that
I feel it is a negative development. And under this you should mention these negative impacts.

They way effects..
Videocalling..allows people and employers to communicate effectively and reduces the need of travelling.
:Internet calling facillies keep people even from different continents communicate cheaply.strengthen the relationships.
:Social networking medias offer chance to find out our old friends from different places and keep in touch with them.
:Discussing and taking suggestions from different people who have experience in that field give more accurete informations and helps us to make good dicisions.

Tessy
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  

hmmm... I think your saying this too soon.. And I agree with Dumi.. I think it's always better to mention what you think clearly.

I think you could stress on the fact that real friends can not be made through a computer. Real friends can be made through face to face conversations. There are so many exmples of people getting into trouble because they made friends through facebook and twitter. You need to give more on this.

Home / Writing Feedback / Technology effects; making friends and communicate with one another is different