GRE task 1; technology link with the deterioration in the ability for humans to think for themselves

helen123 1 / -  

The technology impacts on human's creativity

subject: As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate.
discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take.

The statement link the technology with the deterioration in the ability for humans to think for themselves. However, the assumption in the statement is that our increasing reliance on technology negate the need of humans to learn and think. Although the increasing amount of technology provides us more and more convenience: people commute to work from home to the company ten kilometers away in only twenty minutes by automobile; employees process information using wireless network and coordinate tasks with someone from the other edge of oceans through computer, convenience does not preclude the thinking ability that marks the human race.

Firstly, technology makes our life more efficiently. Technology does not allow our minds to deteriorate by using them, but allow things more easier for humans so that we can save time for more important things. Think about how the digital revolution and the advent of internet has introduced such an unparalleled exchange of ideas. People process information on a silicon bridge that are 0.09 microns wide. Computers free us from the massive and tedious calculation so that we can concentrate more on the issue itself. Moreover, technology opens pathway of various thinking. With increased interdisciplinary interaction, inspiration can com from the most surprising corner. For example, ipad, a kind of tablet computer, provide designers a new way to create art works. You can draw with whatever color you want without painting brushes and pigments. You can also change the mode of drawing(sketch, oil painting, etc.) only tipping several bottons. These technology inspires the unfettered imagination of artists.

Secondly, technology not only frees humans to tackle problems, but also may itself create new issues that did not exist before. For example, the proliferation of industry has introduce a need for fuel conservation on a global scale. As a result, environment pollution becomes a concern inconceivable to the horse-and-buggy generation.

In summary, we are seeing a golden age of technology, it provides hope to the future of human life. From the discovery of fire to the implementation of satellite, the creativity that mark the human species never deteriorate. instead, there will be no boundary for human to search, and the number of problems has been increasing all the time, more and more puzzles need us to tackle.

could you help me check if there are grammer and expression mistakes? I will be very grateful !
Your discussion does not really connect with the given discussion topic. The sentence structures are ESL - beginner at best, and the word formations show a lack of proper vocabulary information. The prompt is asking you to: discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take.

The primary discussion should focus on the strength of your belief in agreement or disagreement with the given statement. Something that you did not properly represent in the thesis paragraph. In fact, your thesis paragraph is unclear in its discussion presentation. I believe that is because you forgot how to properly structure a sentence. You should avoid placing too much information in a single sentence. One idea per sentence. Any more than that and the sentence loses clarity. You create a run-on sentence which leads to a lack of proper discussion representation in the paragraph.

You should also know that you have to properly spell the words. Specially those that refer to proper nouns. In this unique case, the word is spelled iPad. Small i capital P. You have to show that you know how to properly represent words. You should know how to use words in proper applications. A "horse and buggy" hasn't been in use for over a hundred years. However, an automobile or a car, has been in worldwide use throughout the 20th century.

Your second paragraph is not related to the discussion prompt at all. That is one of the reasons why this essay will not be able to get a score past the 3 mark. You need to learn to stay on point, discussing only the topic requirements included in the original topic and instructions. When you include discussion topics that are not relevant, your discussion tends to become irrelevant. That irrelevance tremendously lowers your test score.

In reality, the essay is so riddled with errors that I do not know where to begin in helping you. So I will ask you to do the simplest solution first. Read more English materials, do more English sentence exercises, and build your English vocabulary. If you have to, memorize the dictionary and read online encyclopedias to help you become more familiar with world history, current events, and historical / technological breakthroughs. You can also do that by reading more English newspapers online.

I will be honest here and tell you the truth, you are not prepared to take this test yet. You will fail if you try to take the test at this point. Your overall skills just aren't at the passing level yet. You should enroll in English writing classes if you can. That would be the best way to address the collective problems with your writing.

Home / Writing Feedback / GRE task 1; technology link with the deterioration in the ability for humans to think for themselves