Too much technology and some parts of us are deteriorating, leaving us with less humanity.

josiah cin 1 / -  
School Magazine : Modern Technology

Instructions :

In your magazine article, you should :

examine issues about family and social life.
examine issues about health and safety.
give your own view and develop your arguments.

Could you spare me a minute or two of your time ? Good ! You had just saved yourself. Kindly allow me to explain.

In this day and age, the world is rapidly changing, it is constantly moving foward. Gone were days where we had to spin the ' Wheel " on the house phone to get in touch with someone , or watch the black and white programmes on TvV. Today, we have smartphones , music players , 3D-multicoloured TV's, Internet, etc. As we continue to advance towards field, some parts of us are deteriorating, leaving us with less humanity.

When was the last time you greeted someone ? It is now rare to see people communicating with each other because of the tiny screen in our hand. Some of us are addicted to some gadgets . These gadgets force us to stay hours in our tiny comfort zones, it builds and invinsible barricade between people, even to the one you love dearly. Without interaction , there is no relationship. It worries our family that if we are "hardworking" on our gadgets, we shun our thoughts and emotions. We behave as if we are not with them, that is not family is. To make matters worse , even the rudimentary politsee is gone! Words that were taught since young such as " thanks you " and " please " are now impossible to hear.

Another part of us that is deteriorating our physical and mental conditions. Studies have proven that people that are in contact with loud music are prone to have hearing loss, even at young age . Besides that, the risk of us injuring our spine and back are higher as most of the time, we hanched our back while using our gadgets. Futhermore, as more people are using tiny gadgets , the optical shop or specialists gain more business. Why ?It's because we can hurt our eyes too much if we strained them. Diseases like arthrists are most likely to occur. Most importantly, our safety is also threatened. When we concentrate on our gadgets, we tend to be charlatan of our surroundings , exposing us to great deal of danger. Hence the increment of kidnapping and road accidents.

Besides, it is always important for us to put the real world first than our tiny bubble. Our technology has indeed improved our live more comfortable , but let us not be slaves of machines. Let us be the masters , we should communicate more, especially with our close ones , peer, friends. Build that relationship and not let regrets take over, same with our health. We never know what the future holds.

There is a saying " wrong move , you lose ". Let us not yield to the temptations of the unrealistic world and save ourselves , save the last bit of humanity within us.

How much I get out of 25 ?
Content -12
Quality -13

I am open to negative comments. Thanks
Askarie26 2 / 4 2  
@josiah cin
I think the most important in this case that we should also mention about value because it is related to purpose of life. Nowadays, technology is a tool to make our job to be easy, and we could gather many fast information from it. Sometimes, we do not have any filter to strain it. Well, it would be dangerous for us to react to some problem because we could be following people statement without critical thinking. If our critical thinking is gone it will also effect in our purpose of life.

Home / Writing Feedback / Too much technology and some parts of us are deteriorating, leaving us with less humanity.