Technology stock prices - TASK 1 exercise line chart

phongphotphat 1 / -  

stock prices of four enterprises

The line chart describes the significant discrepancy in stock price among 4 enterprises who are dominant in technological fields between 2011 and 2016.
Overall, it can be clearly seen that none of those four technology companies shared the same tendencies in terms of stock price, with the greatest number in stock price belonging to Apple in 2012, while the lowest and also steadiest stock price belonging to Google, respectively.

Apple's stock price reached its peak with a sharp jump from about 5,000 (even less than Yahoo and Facebook initial stock price) to approximately 35,000 in 2012 which is 7 times higher than just 1 year ago. Apple also witnessed a volatility over the span of the chart period, but surprisingly ended up with the same amount of stock price as same as the beginning.

The most striking difference is that Yahoo and Facebook stood in the same level of stock price in 2011, then an inverse gradual change was witnessed over the period of time of the chart, with an about 2,5-time increase and an 2,5-time decrease in stock price, respectively.

On the other hand, Google remained stable in 5-year period with the lowest level in stock price with a negligible amount comparing the other rivals.

The summary overview is incomplete. You only mentioned 2 out of the 4 stock companies presented in the graph. Since this is the summary overview portion, you should be including a complete list of the companies in a creative manner or, in a listed manner using an Oxford comma within the presentation. You will be judged on the accuracy of your information and the overview carries a significant weight of that scoring consideration.

Try to avoid using parenthesis in your information presentation. In this example, a comma would have made a better impact on the formality of your presentation:

Apple's stock price reached its peak with a sharp jump from about 5,000 (even less than Yahoo and Facebook initial stock price) to approximately 35,000 in 2012

Had you opted to use a comma, you would have had a more formal information presentation:

... about 5,000, which is even less than...

You should have opted to use the parenthesis when you indicated that the value was higher a year ago instead. Placing the numerical value in a parenthesis would have worked towards showing a better GRA range as you created a more informative sentence using more appropriate punctuation marks while maintaining the formality of the presentation. You should learn when to use a parenthesis and when not to use one. It all depends upon how you structure the sentence presentation.

You also lack the minimum 3 sentence requirement per paragraph. You are opting to use run-on sentences rather than actual complex sentences, which means you will be getting a lower GRA score. The GRA score becomes higher if you can prove that you properly use a mix of simple and complex sentences in your presentation.

If you opt to use more periods in your paragraph presentations, you will be able to present a clearer data report. You will also be able to meet the paragraph requirements in the C&C and GRA section as well. You could use more advanced English vocabulary in your report but the range of your vocabulary is good enough for your writing abilities and current presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / Technology stock prices - TASK 1 exercise line chart