IELTS - Technology: taking control our lives or positive developements

Ozia 1 / 2 1  
Some people fear that technology is gradually taking over control of our lives, while others think that it has led to many positive developments in all aspects of their lives.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Hi everyone, this is my essay for the above topic. Please comment for this essay about vocabulary, task response and grammar. Thank you for reading this essay.

In the modern era, the topic of technology influence is controversial. There is a clear division of opinion on this. One is that the technology will do more harm than good to the society, whilst others contend that it has more advancement for us. I can see the issue from both perspectives, however I consider the latter to be more convincing.

There are a few powerful rationales which support the belief that technology is becoming a threat for human. For example, it is believed that many health problems are related to the fact that people use techonology too much. Because using technology devices is very inactive, people who often use those will have a higher chance to have obesity, which is a health problem linked to heart attack. This is a very serious health issue related to techonogy.

That being said, there are powerful counter arguments to the above. For instance, the innovations in technology has brought us enormous labour benefit. Without technology, we cannot produce the electricity for today energy requirements. Consequently, the whole manufacturing processes will be shut down all over the world. In the other words, our society will definitely collapsed if there is no technology.

I can see there are merits which support both sides of this debate however the latter is more compelling. In addition to the above, it is important to consider the effect of technology to human health. Many kinds of medicine as well as health devices has been invented to prevent and treat diseases that people feared in the past. As a result, the average life expectancy has increased significantly in the past hundred years.

While it is clear that there are sound reasons which support both sides of this debate, I consider the assertion that technology improvement is adventagous to be grealy more convincing than its opposite. For the benefit of humandkind, it is necessary that we make proper decisions to ensure the best future possible.
In the modern era, the topic of technologytechnological influence is controversial.

influence of technology / technological influence

Good introduction!

There are a few powerful rationales which support the belief that technology is becoming a threat for human.

Strong sentence!

I can see there are meritsvalid reasons which support both sides of this debate

You have done a good job. Good essay structure and excellent vocabulary. You can go for a real good score!
Good Luck!
Frenzyzqq 2 / 4  
Ozia
In the modern era, the topic of technological influence is controversial. There is clear divergence of opinions on this. One is that the technology will bring more harm than benefits to the society, whilst others contend that it has more advantages. Although both perspectives value, I consider the latter to be more convincing.

There are a few powerful rationales supporting the belief that technology is becoming a threat for humans. Specifically , it is believed that many health problems are related with the fact that people overuse techonology . For example, using technology devices is very inactive, electronic consumers will have a higher chance to have obesity, which is a health problem linked to heart attack. This is a very serious health issue related to techonogy.

That being said, there are powerful counter arguments to the above. For instance, the innovations in technology have brought us enormous labour benefits. Without technology, we cannot produce electricity to meet today's energy requirements. Consequently, the whole manufacturing processes will be shut down all over the world. In other words, our society will definitely collapse if there was no technology. Additionally , it is also important to consider the benefits to human health brought by technology. Various kinds of medicine as well as medical instruments have been invented to prevent and treat diseases that people feared in the past. As a result, the average life expectancy has increased significantly during the last century.

While it is clear that there are sound reasons which support both sides of this debate, I am convinced that technology improvement is adventagous to be grealy more compelling than its opposite. For the benefits of humankind, it is necessary that we make proper decisions to ensure the best future.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS - Technology: taking control our lives or positive developements