TECHNOLOGY HAS BEEN VIEWED AS A TWO EDGED SWORD, preparing for IELTS in Feb...

SKhan 2 / 5  
need your views on my essay on the topic:

TECHNOLOGY HAS BEEN VIEWED AS A TWO EDGED SWORD. SOME PEOPLE FEEL IT IMPROVES THE QUALITY OF LIFE WHILE OTHERS FEEL IT CRAETES NEW PROBLEMS THAT THREATEN THE QUALITY OF LIFE. DISCUSS THESE TWO POSITIONS USING EXAMPLES:

There is nothing permanent, but change. Man throughout history has been advancing in all spheres of life. The man started like an ordinary animal in jungles and has now conquered the planets beyond planet earth. Did man make his life easier or difficult?

Quality of life definitely improves with advancement of technology; however, every development has some side effects as well. A basic example is invention of motor vehicles.

Now distance can be travelled in just minutes. However, do we realize that this very luxury has taken the blessings of walk and fitness form us. Now since we only like to sit and travel hence we do not burn our calories, adding more and more fats to our bodies.

Many complications like heart diseases, diabetes and blood pressure are a result of our luxurious life style. And we are adding more to it by totally depending on these.

On the other hand, we are also improving our day to day life with the use of new technologies. We can take the example of internet. It has simplifies our daily life so much. Be it contact through e-mails, chatting live or taking live calls, shopping or managing bank accounts online...these all are the blessings of internet.

To conclude, it seems to me that we are making our life easier with these things but we can move towards a better and healthy lifestyle with the proper use of technologies, so that we can save our future.
waldo01 6 / 19  
Hi,

I thought your essay was well written and I totally agreed with every thing you said. How ever, i think you need to add more examples to make your point a little better. You gave and example of how it takes away from exercising and fitness. Give another example.For example, you could say technology has affected our relationships with one another as humans. Right now, we barley visit friends and go see them in person. We just ring them a phone call or send them an offline message. Get my point?

Btw can you help me with my supplementary application for mcmaster?
joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Hai...

:The basic example is THE invention....

:now distance===> now LONG distances...

:this luxury has brings with certain problems related to pollution. Moreover, since we like to sit and travel only, we do not burn...
(Keep strong examples...):....]

:Many CONDITIONS like...

:bank accounts...: ...and so on.
Sepreate each example with coma, cut or, write and so on at last while writing examples...):

In coclusion. Para...
Thesr things:===>advanced technologies

Tessy

Home / Writing Feedback / TECHNOLOGY HAS BEEN VIEWED AS A TWO EDGED SWORD, preparing for IELTS in Feb...