'Technology and working in front of a computer is a fantastic idea' - IELTS essay

iCan 8 / 3  
Technology is making communication easier in today's world, but at the expense of personal contact as many people choose to work at home in front of a computer screen. What dangers are there for a society which depends on computer games rather than face-to-face contact for its main means of communication?

Nowadays, communication has become less difficult because of technological development. However, personal interaction is affected because many internet subscribers prefer to stay at home and use their computers as a way to communicate. This is an astonishing revolution in humankind's way of communicating, but there are also alarming effects about this such as compromise in people's health and less attachment with other human beings.

First of all, people whose custom is to work at home facing their computers risk their health by being static. These people just sit most of the time while they are working. They no longer have to move around like to walk, talk, dress-up, go up-and down the stairs, or do other things physically. Consequently, it can cause them to be obese and unhealthy; eventually, different kinds of physical illness might trigger. Lack of exercise can cause heart disease, and staying long in front of the computer can cause eye strain.

Furthermore, these people can lose personal attachment with other people like their family and friends. Because they use computers as a tool for communication, they do not have to personally interact with other human beings. Thus, their bonding with others can deteriorate.

As a conclusion, working in front of a computer is a fantastic idea as a means of communicating. On the contrary, internet users must be aware of dangerous consequences about this that could affect their health and attachment with other humans.
Nowadays, communication has become less difficult because ofdue to technological developmentadvancement.

Furthermore, these people canmay lose personal attachment with other important people like such as their family and friends. Becausewhen they use computers as a tool for communication.In such case they do not have to personally interact with other human beings. Thus, their bonding with others can deterioratebe seriously affected.

You can write well. All the best with IELTS!!

Home / Writing Feedback / 'Technology and working in front of a computer is a fantastic idea' - IELTS essay