(TED Talks) Why good hackers make good citizens

ekalamarsyari11 72 / 108 9  
According to Catherine Bracy, hacking is not always a bad action. She said that Benjamin Franklin was the greatest hacker of all time because of because his belief that government can be built by the people. Catherine defined those as civic hackers who support government to overcome dozen of problems. She explained what civic hackers exactly looks like. For example, they build a new super simple website to answer common questions from people in Honolulu and Auckland called 'Honolulu Answers' and 'Auckland Answers' since local inhabitants face trouble to interact with government's websites. She believes that civic hacking can rebuild citizenship and rebuild trust in government. Therefore, citizens can participate to take action of parliament's problems and cooperate to fix them. Moreover, she and her team has followed Benjamin Franklin's foot step by founding 31 Brigade in America and they will open their first international Brigade in Poland, Japan, and Ireland. Their goal is to set up broader civic hacker network.
Wolf Larsen - / 127 47  
Hello

I think your text will sound much better if you apply the following stylistic adjustments to it:

hacking is not always [...] a bad thing to do.
of all times [...] because of his belief that ordinary people are the only legitimate agents of political governing.
Catherine defined [...] such individuals as 'civic hackers', who are there to help the government in its intention to act on behalf of the majority of people.

explained what [...] to be a 'civic hacker' is all about.
For example [...] such a person can set up a new website... such as 'Honolulu Answers' or 'Auckland Answers' to make it easier for the locals to have a voice, within the context how their government enacts different laws and regulations.

can rebuild [...] the sense of citizenship in people and to restore their trust in the government.
Therefore [...] In its turn, this will help ordinary citizens to participate in the process of governmental decision-making.
foot step [...] footsteps...

The rest of the text seems Ok. I hope this helped. Regards.
Fadhilahumar91 61 / 73 6  
hi ekaa..

... was the greatest hacker of all the time because of because his belief that government can be built by the people. Catherine defined thosethem as civic hackers who support ...

For example, they have builtbuild a new super simple website (...) in Honolulu and Auckland calledas 'Honolulu Answers' (...) since local inhabitants facehave trouble to interact ...

... civic hacking can rebuild build citizenship and rebuild trust into government again .
Theirthe goal is to set up broader ...

thank you

Home / Writing Feedback / (TED Talks) Why good hackers make good citizens